• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Mac) Multi select not working using CMD button.

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO SIMPLE. please help. 

The basic multi select feature isnt working. I can select multiple objects with shift, but not with CMD button. 

Multi select worked perfectly for me using a windows machine. (hold control and select objects)

However, on my new mac using XD the multi select with CMD does not work. (I've tried using other buttons to see if it got changed somehow) 

- I can multiselect if I go over to libraries and hold the command key... But trying to multi select anything on my artboards using the command (or any other key) does not work. 

Please tell me how to resolve this simple simple request ahaha. 

Thanks guys

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please try selecting the object using the shift key and let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can multi select with the shift feature. But that is a slighly different multi select than the one im trying to address, using the cmd button. 

In windows you can multi select with shift and with control. But they select slightly differenlty. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac in general shift + click selects all list items between the initial click and subsequent clicks, while cmd + click only selects items clicked.

XD artboard is not a "list" so shift + click selects only items clicked (just like cmd + click in lists) and I guess cmd + click is disabled since it would do the same thing as shift + click.

(You can cmd + click items in the Layers panel (also shift + click) - since it's a "list".)

How do they behave differently on Windows? I'm curious 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting me know. 

This clears things up. 

I don't want to mispeak about windows. But, what Im having a difficult time is masking an image to a shape. I thought that if I could select both image and shape with CMD as I did with ctrl in windows I would have the mask to shape option. As it's currently unavailable when I'm using the shift-click feature on mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines