• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac trackpad Pinch zoom is not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open a XD file, pinch zoom on trackpad works fine, open a second XD document and Pinch zoom disables.  It also disables pinch zoom / rotate on every other opened app or any app you open after.  Must restart computer but issue repeats after opening a second XD file

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Known Issue , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble. It looks like this is an OS-specific issue. Please check this thread. Are you experiencing the same with other Adobe apps like Photoshop, Illustrator? Please also check the workaround suggested here

We would recommend connecting with the apple support team to check if it's an issue on their end.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's macOS Monterey, Version 12.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this bug specific only for XD or it happens with other apps. Do you mean mouse scrolling with Alt or any keyboard shortcuts? thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening with xd files only, and It happens while zooming in through touchpad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble. It looks like this is an OS-specific issue. Please check this thread. Are you experiencing the same with other Adobe apps like Photoshop, Illustrator? Please also check the workaround suggested here

We would recommend connecting with the apple support team to check if it's an issue on their end.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope you are doing great. I am unable to reproduce the issue so could you please confirm if you are still experiencing the issue on the latest version which is v48.0.12?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, the zoom is stuck when zooming in through the mouse pad and the same happens in Figma as well in the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you confirm if this is happening on the latest version of XD which is 49? Also, is this is happening with other Adobe applications?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. pinch zoom on trackpad suddenly stops even if i am opening just one XD document.

Does anyone know how to resolve this bug !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized that this issue occurs also in photoshop and illustrator, but the strange thing is that it happened in the Miro app. so maybe the problem with my MacBook Pro 2018.

DK

Current Solution: turn OFF trackpad then ON in the system preferences then it will work instantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you. I just realised zoom doesn't work on Chrome too so after some digging it looks it is a MacOs issue not the XD as I though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the behaviour. Please fix this issue since it is more than annoying to have to restart my Mac after using Adobe XD-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on macOS Monterey 12.5 
August 2022
You have to close out of Xd, then Creative Cloud with Command + Opt + T (Check the close box, then do not press "Exit" press "Go") and the problem will be fixed temporality.  
Two years seems like a long time to have this bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some macOS specific fixes. 
https://macreports.com/pinch-to-zoom-not-working-on-mac/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the issue where my pinch zoom stops working as well. For me it's not about having multiple prototypes/files open. It seemingly was random until today when I opened the file (freshly opened XD) and it wasn't working. Typically it happens after some time. I closed the file, closed XD, reopened the file and the same issue. I clicked from the design tab to the prototype tab and it WORKED! Went back to the design tab and it's also working.

Newest XD, brand new macbook air m2 chip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Matt5F96,

We are sorry for the trouble. Would you mind trying the steps suggested in this post: https://macreports.com/pinch-to-zoom-not-working-on-mac/ and let us know if that helps? Does that happen with all Adobe apps and also on other apps?

If not, please try contacting the apple support team to confirm if the issue has resurfaced on their end.

Let us know if you need further assistance from us. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In my specific case it didn't work because of my wacom tablet drivers. I didn't have the tablet connected but the drivers were still running and somehow causing pinch to zoom to stop working in XD.

What fixed it for me was to open the ActivityMonitor on MacOS, search for "wacom" in the CPU section and kill all the tasks with wacom and driver in the name (I had two processes running).

Might be a specific case but maybe it helps someone 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try option + two finger scroll to zoom in-out

At first, I used it as alternative shortcut when pinch zooming is not working. But I found out it also "fix" the broken pinch zoom after doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, it's not fixing anymore, only do it as alternative way...

I also wonder why this forum does not have "edit" button? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Suebphatt5FD1 ,

Sorry to hear that the issue has resurfaced. Would you mind sharing a few more details like:

1. The version of XD & macOS.
  2. Is this happening with specific or multiple files?
  3. Please also share your hardware details, as that will help reproduce the issue.

We're here to help - Just need more information.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pinch and zoom gesture is just broken. https://9to5mac.com/2023/01/15/mac-trackpad-pinch-to-zoom/ I seem to remember that just recently someone wrote an app that could fix this as well.

There is the app: https://github.com/danqing/Pinch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue, except only in 1 XD doc. It seems to happen at random. Sometimes it will fix itself, but then 10 minutes later it happens again. Is this just something we are going to have to live with? Closing document or resetting the trackpad may be a fix, but it is very disruptive to workflow to have to do that every 10 minutes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines