• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make XD available to macOS users that do not have said OS compatibility

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading XD is a choice we make, and when we can't update it even when we have an old system makes things cumbersome. We are not able to have that same workflow and I don't want to change my system just because its old. It is our choice that we want to download it on our "slow/old" system,  Adobe should not restrict that for its users. You simply take that right to choose away. Giving a warning that it will make your system slower, etc will be much more appreciated. I like XD more than other platforms, but if this how things go, then why stay? My macbook is almost 9 years old now with 16gb of RAM, and it still works like butter. Sure everyone might not have the same configurations, BUT do not decide our system limitations yourself.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. I understand your concern and let me assure you, I will share your feedback with the Engineering team. I'd also like to share that Adobe provides compatibility support for the latest version of its apps with the latest version and two immediately preceding updates on Mac and Windows OS. For more information, please refer to this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/system-requirements.ug.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Hope you're doing well. I have already gone through the link that you have mentioned and I am running macOS 10.13.6, not 10.14, which is more than 2 preceeding updates. I made sure to cover my bases before submitting this complaint. I am glad you will share this feedback with the engineering team and look forward to hearing back from you. 

I have one question in return, why are system requirements so limited now and can't go beyond 2 preceeding updates? If you can clarify on this it would be really helpful as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD integrates with Cloud sharing, so keeping the desktop app and cloud features probably requires additional effort. Supporting more versions means less time spent on developing new features.

Everything in app development is about trade offs. The same goes for supporting older operating systems. More testing, less access to new APIs. As a user I totally understand wanting it all, but app developers must make decisions. It's a balancing act and not everyone will be happy with the decisions made, but I'm sure the developers do have reasons behind the decisions they make.

Other companies do similar things, such as Sketch requiring a recent version of macOS. Fast paced development often means sacrificing backwards compatability. XD is still a young app and people want a lot more features, so Adobe has to consider how to make them as fast as possible.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Computers have a limited use time. I typically say for design computers that 4-6 years is a good life span, although I think they are tending to last longer than they used to. If you've gotten 9 years out of yours that's amazing! You've gotten your money's worth out of it for sure. But a lot has changed in that time and companies like Apple and Adobe can't continue supporting old computers forever. Supporting older operating systems costs time and money, which can be spent on developing new features.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines