Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing ARIAL or any SYSTEM font in Adobe XD

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please. Tell me why when adding Arial, a basic windows system font, does Adobe XD show it as missing?

All of the files exist in the /fonts folder. They work find on every other program in existence on my computer. Same with my work computer.

Arial can be used in all of my other Adobe programs life Photoshop, etc. 

Doesn't give a missing font warning when used in the document.

Only when added as a character style.

Replacing the font doesn't change anything. Arial must be used for accessibility so using a different font isn't an option.

When I'm trying to show designs, I get questioned about the "little orange things on the side" and have to explain that the font is there, but Adobe XD doesn't see it.

This isn't something that I should have to do and I'm livid.

I saw a work around involving "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts", but surprise surprise that folder doesn't exist.

I'm spending hours on my day off trying to figure this out and absolutely nothing. I even installed a rand new editing program to see if it had issues and of course not. Arial works fine everywhere except for Adobe XD.

Windows 10 fully updated.
Adobe XD fully updated as of 11/28/21

It would be amazing if anyone could shed some light on this issue.
I wouldn't care, but im forced to use both XD and Arial, so here I am.

P.S: The issue occurs with Verdana or any other system font.
P.S.S: It's not the Windows Font Servie either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi CashStacks5CA9,

We are sorry for the delay in response. This is definitely strange, we would request you to please connect with us directly using our contact us page and initiate a chat with our support team so that they can take a remote session and try to figure out the issue.

Let us know if you face trouble reaching them.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines