Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing elements in prototype - Help!

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I run my prototype in the browser there a many elements missing from the artboards. I spent so much time on this project and its very frustrating having to keep going back and try to fix it. The elements missing are mostly images and components.

Could anyone help with a solution? Or know the cause of this?

Cheers,

Karl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl,

it would be easier for us the community to help if we know your:

• Browser type

• XD Version

• OS

Are you just talking about a «Review» link from XD or a «Design Specs» link with downloadable assets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Safari and Chrome,  XD version: 39.012, mac OS Catalina

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And its just the protoype link that I paste into the browser, no downloadable assets or anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Karl,

I had the same problem once, till I found out that I accidentally changed the z-value in the 3D-transform tool. So on my art board everything was normal, but the prototype did not show me the element, because it was "behind" something else.

At least for me this was the solution.

I hope you'll find the answer soon, so your prototype will work just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man!,

Cheers for your help. I dont use the 3d transform tool so not sure if thats the cause. But maybe my elemennts are behind something too....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you give us a screenshot of the elements, including the layers panel with some of them selected?

Sharing the file or just an artboard with a problematic element is even better. You can delete other elements or any sensitive info, but it will be useful to have a "sample" we can check out and test, so we can help you solve it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines