• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Fonts in XD (Why am I even bothering to post this? Adobe doesn't fix anything)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate you Adobe.

There are literally hundreds of threads complaining about this issue, dating back to 2017. 3 years.... you've had THREE YEARS and you haven't fixed this issue.

Explain to me how every other software on the planet can recognize my installed fonts, but XD seems to forget? It works for a day, then it forgets? Why not just NOT WORK AT ALL? You idiots can't design software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is the solution, then Adobe XD is 100% useless as a prototyping tool.

How on Earth would I use a PROTOTYPING TOOL when I can't even use alternative fonts or character styles?! Adobe XD shouldn't exist, and the incompetent staff they hire should all resign. These people are scamming the industry with their monopoly and half-assed software. Its f * * k ing infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just yesterday i had a verd bitter discussion with my customer, after two years, he simply said it was "crazy" the amount of hours I added to the two year project. I've lost the next big project because I couldn't justify anything. Simply, 80% of my production time has been focused to solve XD issues, bugs and absurd counterintuitive usability.

I told it was a new "technology" and blah, blah... even I felt ashamed to tell them such amount of of vague excuses and lies. I've lost two years and half of my life learning something that is useless and destroyed my healt (yes... even my eyes! In a "dark mode" age, XD is still a hurting white background stained with low contrast gray diminute characters, that couldn't pass the most permissive of accessibility tests)

Obviously I've lost the client... but there are stil very good tools out there (and cheaper). So Adobe, hope you all have a good retirement plan, because I'm only tied to you by Illustrator and XD (and illustrator, my friends, is a battle lost)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Colin, I understand your fury, but please stick to correct statements and show some dignity in your comment.

Adobe is not a monopoly.

They have gradually become the largest and most popular developer in imaging and print media, simply by competing with others. And new tools and services like Serif's Affinity suite, Canva, and dozens of imaging apps like ProCreate, are proof of the fact that Adobe is still not a monopoly. In video and animation, Adobe is a strong marketplayer but definitely not the only one. And in web and app design, Adobe is looking like a newbie every 5 years...

Like Steve Jobs once said: "We love just trying to make the best products in the world for people and having them tell us by how they vote with their wallets whether we're on track or not."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its nearly 2021 and Adobe has never fixed this issue. Fonts still go missing.

Can you explain why you've had over 1,000 days to address this problem and you haven't done a single thing? Just another half-assed product from Adobe meant to scam people?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines