Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing fonts in XD

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I recently encountered a weird problem while working on my project. The needed font just disappeared even though it was available one week ago. The font is activated in Creative Cloud and is available for other Adobe products. My platform is MacOS. Does anyone have a solution?

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, are there other fonts activated through CC that are missing, or is it just this one? You can try deactivating the font and activating it again through fonts, maybe whatever sync issue occured will get reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, only this one. I tried activating/deactivating fonts, didnt help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Pavlo5EBE ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Pavlo5EBE,

Thanks for sharing the info. Could you please share the name of the font which is missing? Please share the screenshot of your About XD info page so that if there are any core sync issues. 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reaching out! What is exactly About XD info page? "About XD"?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The screenshot of the " About XD" page from the "Help" menu. Please refer to the screenshot below-

HARSHIKA_VERMA_0-1656514383139.png

Please also share the name of the font so that I can check at my end. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-06-30 at 11.27.24.png

 The font is Frank New.  Thank a lot! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the name of the font, @Pavlo5EBE.  I activated "New Frank" and was able to see it in the file. Could you please share the file with me so that I can check it on my end? Does that happen with this specific file or all files?

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A note on this font, Newlyn recently updated the names of their fonts on Adobe fonts. While their fonts before the change were called Frank New, Hero New, etc, the font names now start with "New", so it would be New Frank, as @HARSHIKA_VERMA noted. So make sure you're looking for it with the new name. When they changed there might have been some conflict because of the name, so try to reactivate it again to see if it fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for pointing us in the right direction, @Spas K.. This could be the reason the font is creating conflict while searching. 

You're awesome. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines