• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile Preview - unable to zoom in

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm trying to set up a focus group test using a prototype I've made, but no matter what I try I can't zoom into the prototype on phone (using a shared link). Our users are going to open a shared link (preferably using the 'User Testing' view setting), and it's vital that they're able to zoom for it to fit their phone screen size, since the shared link doesn't automatically detect their screen size.

All I want is for some way to pinch and zoom into the prototype - that's all I'm asking for. Having to go into the browser accessibility settings and enable 'Force Zoom' is nowhere near good enough; for a user test, we can't waste any time trying to get people to do this, and it means that the prototype gets blurry when you zoom in.

I had a look through the XD guides and it seems like I should be seeing this menu: 

TheChesterCat_1-1639157957032.png

Why can't I see this on Google Chrome / how do I get pinch to zoom working for shared links? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other support thread with a similar issue I could find wasn't solved. Someone replied with this: 

TheChesterCat_0-1639159133753.png

So the question is, am I seriously going to have to remake my entire file in every phone screen size just to be able to run a basic user test? Because I think I'd sooner switch software than do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TheChesterCat , can you please upvote this feature request (looks like what you ask for, if I'm not missing something) in uservoice? https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/16686724-pinch-ges...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - this is the feature I'm looking for, yeah. I'm surprised this isn't supported already, seems crazy to me. If you wanted to run a user study (get users to interact with an XD prototype on mobile), but the prototype is too small and can't be zoomed in, how would you recommend getting around that problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thinking what I would do, I think I'd suggest them to use some browser based zoom solutions for now, and certainly would include that in the test prompt. Considering the feature request also not being very popular, you might want to also comment under that feature request and maybe some more users upvote it also. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines