• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse zooming scroll direction is reversed.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In XD, when zooming with my external mouse on my macbook pro, normally I hold Command+Scroll Up to zoom in. This works fine in photoshop. However, in XD, it zooms out instead of zooming in. Scrolling the page goes in the correct direction, it's only reversed while zooming.

I understand macs in general have scrolling issues. OSX has been stupid for a long time about external mice scroll direction. As such, I use the Scroll Reverser app to reverse the scroll of my mouse, while preserving natural scrolling for the track pad. This works fine in every other application I've used, including Photoshop, but it looks like XD has a bug with this. 

On a related note, XD should really support scroll zooming without holding Command. Photoshop supports this, and it's the standard for every CAD application.

Macbook Pro 16in 2019

OSX: Catalina 10.15.7

XD Version: 33.1.12.4 (Starter), Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.60.8

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi frodo2975, 

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the zoom tool, we'll share it with the product team. Would you mind using the Option key + scroll-wheel for zooming in and out and let us know if that makes any changes to your workflow?  

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Atul. Using the Option+Scoll Wheel does the same thing as Command+Scroll Wheel for me, so unfortunately it's still reversed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same thing. It has been fine for a while, but now it suddenly changed out of the blue.

Please give us access to preferences.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)

Mac OS: Big Sur 11.2

XD: 36.2.32.5, Creative Cloud Sync 4.5.1.1

Best Regards

Rasmus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoom is all messsed up in every application now.   30 years and now you want to change it?  Can we get a warning and an option to leave legacy for us dinosaurs.   thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adobe

I'm still having the same problem. I'm on a new computer, new vesion of XD same problem.

Please help!

MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021), Apple M1 Max, Memory: 64 GB

Mac OS: Monterey 12.0.1

Adobe XD: Version 45.0.62.17 arm64, Creative Cloud Sync 4.21.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines