Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

move all objects on canvas?

Participant ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Friends,

Is it possible to select & move all objects on the canvas?  At the moment, I only am able to move artboards - other objects I have created cannot be selected at the same time.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I tried selecting the objects using Shift + Select and then tried moving and it's working. Let us know if you are trying something else, we'll try our best to assist you.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!

For some reason when I try this it deselects either the artboard or the object.  I tried with both the left & right shift keys, as well as the ctrl key.

Any ideas why this wouldn't be working for me?  I'm using XD version 49.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Doug21784293dvss, you can select the objects without including the art boards in the selection by either clicking & dragging the select tool to create a selection and/or shift-clicking the objects, and move them as you want, I tried to demonstrate here: https://youtu.be/_iW9fBvIc4U Hope this helps! 

Edit: I didn't see Rishabh's answer but yeah mainly you can do that way or by clicking and dragging the select tool over the  objects you want to select as I said. Oh and shift-click should work fine, maybe they're both (artboard and the object) already selected somehow, that's the only explanation, then the best thing would be just clicking the artboard to deselect it right, can't be sure without seeing the file though, update us if you still can't resolve it, happy designing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad guys, my apologies, I should have been clear that I have some objects that are not on a canvas as follows:

Doug21784293dvss_0-1649432994298.png

Holding "shift" and clicking the Artboard (XD automatically deselects the "Example object not on Artboard")

Doug21784293dvss_1-1649433027695.png

Is there a method of selecting both of these at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Doug21784293dvss, I tested and yes, you can either select the artboard or element that's not on the artboard. But you can do some work around like: creating a temporary artboard for the object that's outside (you can select the artboard tool at the very left sidebar, which is on the zoom tool and drag a rectangle to create a custom size artboard to include that element), selecting all and move, then deleting the temporary artboard when you're done. I tested and it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXAFmlvtnA8 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines