• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MY EYES HURT

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do only SOME Adobe programs get the dark UI treatment?

I'm trying to work but I need constant eye breaks, increasing night light intensity and changing mointor display settings does NOT HELP when my creative works demand attention to detail and colours.

For a efficency-centric brand It's honestly so counter intuitive to have UIs that hinder my work.

16pcb1p9zun21.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

XD is a young program that is still rapidly developing. Making a light and dark version adds complexity, cost, and increases development time. XD will get a dark mode eventually as you can see here Dark Interface (overall UI including side panels), the feature is in the backlog (meaning they will get to it at some point in the future, but we don't know when).

Dark mode only came to macOS around 4 years ago (and later to Windows), so in general dark modes are still relatively new. It takes time to do dark mode right, and there are still other important features that Adobe must consider adding to XD (for me I'd like dark mode, but want other features first before dark mode). Adobe has to weight adding a dark mode with adding other features. Be sure to go to the user voice website (with the link above) and vote so Adobe can know your preferences for new features you'd like to see in XD.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines