• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My fonts are not showing in adobe xd

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys . so I am struggling with this problem for a week and I cannot find any solution for that . so fonts that I installed on my computer are not showing up in XD . I checked and they show up in photoshop , illustrator and MS Office but I only have this problem in xd . My fonts are in C:/Windows/Fonts

and my MS Font cache service is active as well .

Its really botherig me cause when I  want to use that font , I must install that font again and restart adobe and use that font and whenever I shut down my LapTop that font is not showing up in xd again ...

I really need a quick help and solution about this plssss . thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what version of Adobe XD are you using? Do you use a font manager? Does this problem occur on all files or only on a specific file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi .

version of adobe XD that is currently installed on my computer is 41.0.12.11 , and no I don't use any font manager . and this problem occur on all files .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared in the below discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/text-missing-fonts-in-xd/m-p/9047325#M2405

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/fonts-not-showing-up-in-xd/m-p/11898787#M46722

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , unfortunately that didn't help .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, 

I got a fix for this, that worked for me 🙂

Go to the document assets, once there you will see missing fonts ( under it it will say fonts unavailable with a number of missing fonts )

Right click it and say replace font and choose any font from the library (which font you choose does not matter)

This should activate your fonts again, and from there you can access your fonts from the text window again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works! Thx! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! No problem 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we are glad that your problem has been solved. If you need help in the future, please contact us 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life saver! Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Year 2023, XD version ^56 and still the same problem, custom fonts don't appear in the list. Great job, Adobe. So instead of jumping into designing mock-ups, I have to hit Google and spend hours searching for how the hell to make XD show my custom fonts. Wow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same problem now and the way they posted above didn't work for me. It doesn't show any missing fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jessica26749895q1i0,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry to hear you are unable to see your fonts in XD. We would like to know a few more details to investigate the issue and help you-

• Please tell us if you're using custom fonts or fonts from the Adobe Fonts website.
  • Please share the name of the fonts that are missing.
  • Are you able to see the fonts in other Adobe apps like Illustrator and Photoshop?
  • Please share the version of XD installed on your machine and the details of your operating system.

We will try our best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fonts are working perfectly in all other apps except Figma

12885ww_0-1683999699591.png12885ww_1-1683999747472.png12885ww_2-1683999760112.png12885ww_3-1683999929858.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having this problem with all of my local fonts did you ever find a fix? the only thing I can do is manually reinstall them everytime I open XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens to me. I had to come to the office to work on my mac station because my PC at home, XD isn't registering ANY fonts, not even default system fonts. The type tool just has a blank list of nothing.  All of my fonts show up just fine in any other adobe application.  I have no idea what is going on and it sucks, but I had to do what I had to and drive all the way back in town to get to my studio workstation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! for anyone struggling with this issue I have the definitive solution. If you have "missing fonts" in adobe XD but those fonts are available in other adobe products, could be because you installed those fonts before you installed adobe XD. That happened to me. So my fix was to re install the fonts that XD can't find. (when re installing the font the pop up saying that font is already installed appear, but install anyways) when the font is reinstalled XD will be able to index it into the project. Hope this help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the solution that helped you, I am sure it will help other community members. In addition to this, if anyone else is experiencing this issue, please try the suggestion shared by Rodrigo132 and in case if you still need assistance, please try the suggestions shared in this article

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines