• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nested component contents randomly multiply. Possibly triggered by state change

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD seems to be randomly duplicating the contents of my components when there is another (different) component nested inside of it. Possibly only when the container component has multiple states? Apologies for the long and probably confusing video. Here is what's happening:

1. I am viewing the master version of a component that contains another component inside of it. I have the master version of the nested component showing in the pasteboard here too.
  2. I change the state of the container component. All that is different in this state was that a "Default" tag shows. But you can see the contents of the nested component have been duplicated.
  3. I reset the nested component back to the master state.
  4. I change the state of the container component back to the state it was in when I first started. The contents of the nested component have somehow duplicated themselves to an even more ridiculous degree. Additionally, for some reason, the nested component thinks that it has not been modified from the master state, so I don't get the option to revert it. I delete the duplicated contents, which then shows the component as having been modified, and then I revert it.
  5. I go back and forth again between states of the container component. Each time, the contents of the nested component are duplicated a different number of times.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? It seems like it may be a caching thing. Sometimes the contents duplicated are an "old" version that doesn't reflect recent changes to the component.

Windows 10

XD Version 29.0.32.13

CC Sync 4.3.42.4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to create a simplified version of your file keeping the component/layer structure same and couldn't see the same issue, an update would be nice (I'm sure you resolved the issue but wanted to check 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines