• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nested components

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm quite a beginner here. So little help would be much appreciated.

Actually I'm stuck at the part of placing a component within a component ( nested components). I will explain my problem here more by inserting few pictures below. My problem is that whenever I try to place this icon as a component in the master component it instead replaces all the components and this icon become a component itself. Whenever1.PNG2.PNG I try to place it inside the main component's box alongside the email text, it instead replaces it into the icon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Hi Aliza,

Thank you for reaching out and using XD. I would suggest checking these two post and tweets which might help you: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/how-to-add-elements-to-an-existing-component-in-xd/td-p/10522793?page=1 , https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/1262454503858528256?s=20 achieve what you are looking for. 

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Hello Aliza5E78,

In addition to Harshika's reply, I would like to add to this, actually your dragging and dropping a component from the document assets panel, thats why the component on canvas  replacing with the dragged one, you can try this , double click on the main component drag the componentfrom the document assets panel which u want to add to the main component..

Hope it helps,

Regards, 

Ashwini M Hiremath

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aliza,

Thank you for reaching out and using XD. I would suggest checking these two post and tweets which might help you: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/how-to-add-elements-to-an-existing-component-in-xd/td-p/1052... , https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/1262454503858528256?s=20 achieve what you are looking for. 

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Aliza5E78,

In addition to Harshika's reply, I would like to add to this, actually your dragging and dropping a component from the document assets panel, thats why the component on canvas  replacing with the dragged one, you can try this , double click on the main component drag the componentfrom the document assets panel which u want to add to the main component..

Hope it helps,

Regards, 

Ashwini M Hiremath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, it helped right away!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most Welcome..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines