Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Newly added components are not visible to other users of the shared library

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created components in a components master file and updated the shared library successfully (OCT 7). I can see the newly added components in the asset library and take them into use in project files without any problems… BUT the others can not. Not even if I would update the library again and again. 

My team members do not see the newly added components in the shared library. However, they can see those components in the Components master file, but if they copy-paste them into project files, they get the “Can’t resolve broken link” error message and the components have the broken link indication in the document assets list. 

One of my team mates, updated the master file again on her computer, and now the newly added components started show up in her library and work fine in the project files, BUT this worked only for her and NOT for the other team members.

This must be a software bug. Please fix it in XD.

I am Mac user similarly to my team mates.

TOPICS
Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Thank you for your reply,

We can no longer reproduce the problem, so I cannot tell which tooltip it did show when the problem still existed. It seems to have fixed itself and everything works as expected again.

The problem occurred at least with one specific master component file and the component library created from it.

Me and my colleagues have Adobe XD 55.0.12.9 x64, Creative cloud sync 5.17.9.1, and Creative cloud 5.9.0.373 (on Mac with MacOS Monterey 12.6). However, the Master file was chan

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mattiv17215991 , hope you are doing well!

Sorry to hear about the trouble, we were not able to reproduce this issue at our end, please help us with more details to investigate further.

1. Xd version you are using.

2. Is it happening all the time or with a specific file?

Broken links appear for one of the reasons listed below:

• The asset was previously linked to a cloud document, that document now has a published library, and the user does not have access to the published library. Tooltip will say “Library is missing”
  • The asset was previously linked to a cloud document, the user no longer has access to that cloud document.  Tooltip will say “Document is missing”
  • The asset was linked to a cloud document or a library, and that specific asset was deleted.  The tooltip would say “Element is missing”

Please hover on the "Red broken link badge" in the assets panel and let us know the tooltip displayed.

Regards,

Anupriya 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply,

We can no longer reproduce the problem, so I cannot tell which tooltip it did show when the problem still existed. It seems to have fixed itself and everything works as expected again.

The problem occurred at least with one specific master component file and the component library created from it.

Me and my colleagues have Adobe XD 55.0.12.9 x64, Creative cloud sync 5.17.9.1, and Creative cloud 5.9.0.373 (on Mac with MacOS Monterey 12.6). However, the Master file was changed and the Library updated with an earlier version of the XD in the beginning of October.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines