• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No cutting tool for any editing on shapes?

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't see the cutting tool adobe XD for editing simple shapes ie vectors.

Can you give direction for this? I am attaching the sample image attached.

Thank you so much 🖖🏻☺️

TOPICS
Design , How to , Missing feature , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I am afraid, as of now, we don't have this option available in XD however we have received the similar request on XD UserVoice https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13712892-scissor-t...

Please vote for the request to add voice to the feature. This is the best way of sharing the feedback with the Engineering team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of "cuts" do you want to make? You can delete nodes in Path editor, but there's currently no way to convert a closed Path to an unclosed Path.

See the following example where I draw a circle and convert it to a Path. Converting to a Path automatically enters Path edit mode. Then I select 1 of the anchor points and delete it. Then select a couple of the anchor control points and delete them. The result is a semi-circle.

path-editing.gif

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Randy Edmunds 2 ,

This is in example, my goal with the path editor I mentioned is to delete your already closed path, namely your line area. If necessary, you can improve the path editor with the tool we call "cut" or automatic deletion. This is a simple and practical selection tool, thanks anyway.

pentool-edit-cut.gif

Respects,

Nuray Büşra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines