• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not exactly accurate -> Components and any associated states can now be published to a CC Library...

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Components and any associated states can now be published to a CC Library and distributed as part of a design system." — From my intitial "testing" this seems to be only partially true... 

I have a CC Library already (made a while ago) that collects assests from Phoshop, Illustrator, SVG files, colors, character styles, etc. Before the new version 34 when I tried to add xd componenets they imported as components but lost all states and any link back to the main source file (no right click edit function like a graphic or icon), bummer.

I thought this would have changed for the better in the new version 34 but it seems now when I try to add a component to that same CC Library my only option is a Graphic. Seems like we are taking a step backwards... 😕 

Now it gets even more confusing after doing some digging...  it seems the only way to have XD Components with states available in a "CC Library" is to create a new XD document, include all your components and publish the entire document as a new library. But doing this from what I can tell won't allow me to include any graphics (like .svg icons) in the library. 

Am I missing something or is this really the intened behavior in which case, yikes I think I prefer the old way just linking to local assets or cloud docs. Not that there's much choice in the matter with the lack of any backwards compatability whatsoever with XD (another grip for another time).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. Yes, there are some changes made to use the CC library as a design system. Please check this article: https://letsxd.com/guides/creative-cloud-libraries 

For any kind of improvement or suggestion in the feature, please submit your feedback here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, after looking at the link and reading this statement: "Components cannot be added from any XD document to a Creative Cloud Library, they must be part of the source document published to a library." My question then is why not?

Why does XD have to have it's own version of CC library when the "other" CC library allows uploading from multiple Adobe products. It's dissapointing, fragmented and breaks a lot of existing workflows. Not something I would expect from a company making design software for 30+ years. 

I also tried making a new library from XD first thinking I would try adding .psd and .ai files after the fact but when I view the library in those programs I am greeted with a lock asking me to edit in source. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 9.33.45 AM.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines