Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optimized computer specs for running XD

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am looking to get a new computer that will run Adobe XD better than it is now. My current machine meets the recommended system requirements, but XD still runs pretty slowly and uses a ton of CPU (specs listed below). I use a lot of nested components, as the product I design is pretty complex. If anyone has any insight/advice on optimizing my hardware to run XD performantly in complex scenarios, I'd love the advice. Thanks!

Current specs:

MacBook Pro

2.9 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB

Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Hi Harshika, 

I received some guidance on managing nested components and component states in this thread and will operate under those guidelines to help with latency issues. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. It's definitely an unexpected behavior. Would you mind telling us the XD version of your machine? Does that happen while opening any XD file or with any specific file? 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, 

I am running the latest version (36.0.32.10). I do use quite a lot of nested components and linked asset libraries. I notice the performance issues most when I'm copying and pasting components or artboards that contain many nested components. I notice when the delay happens (typically 20-30 seconds to copy and and another 20-30 seconds to paste), my CPU usage is at about 115-120%. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens with all my Adobe files that use components with complex nested layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for sharing the info. Could you please share the XD file and logs using the log collector tool with me over a private message? 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, 

I downloaded the log collector tool and tried to private message you, but it looks like the message isn't sending (I'm clicking "Send Message" in the modal and nothing is happening). Would you mind private messaging me first? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried that and it doesn't allow me to send you a private message either. I saw the response of Sherif on your thread.  If you still need direct assistance, please connect with us using this link; https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and start a chat with our assisted support team and they will definitely help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, 

I received some guidance on managing nested components and component states in this thread and will operate under those guidelines to help with latency issues. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines