Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlay on alternate artboard?

Participant ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an artboard with a modal popup.  I use the overlay to show this pop which works very nicely.

There is a second modal that I wish to display after the first depending on the end users action.  I would like to overlay this modal exactly the same as the first.  Is this possible?

I did try to move the overlay wireframe to the artboard containing the content I wish to have appear in the background (same as first), but XD won't let me move the overlay wireframe off of the current artboard (which has the first modal).

Worst case, I copy the content I want in the background, but I would prefer not to do this.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What if you turned the content in the modal into a component, the 'new' modal is just a new state of the modal component? Assign the action to just change the state of the modal component, and I think you have what you are after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines