• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overriding a child component instance more than once loses its original layer name

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We've noticed that when overriding a symbol once lets say in a component, it preserves the layer name that was set initially, but applying another override on top of the current override the layer name is then replaced with the name of that new override symbol.

Out main scenario is lets say we have a component with multiple child components named - `Item 1`, `Item 2` and etc, all instances of one single component `MainChild`. We also have different variations of that component(not states), all which are separate components so we can easily swap those child components with the other variations of that component, named `ChildVariant1`,  `ChildVariant2` and etc. One variation would have 2 buttons, while the other - 2 icons and similarly.
Replacing `Item 1` child component with `ChildVariant1` works perfectly and the name `Item 1` for example is preserved in the main component. Replacing then `Item 1` again with another variation though, for example `ChildVariant2`, does not retain that `Item 1` name anymore and gets the name of that `ChildVariant2` component.

It would be nice if this is consistent no matter how many times a child component is replaced.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Hello,

Thank you for raising the issue.

We have logged the issue and our team is investigating the issue.

I hope the issue will get fix in future as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for raising the issue.

We have logged the issue and our team is investigating the issue.

I hope the issue will get fix in future as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

When will a fix be released, because its been almost a year already and its still reproducible?

We expect users for our library to be able to override components and we to read the name of the layers correctly, but without this it will be not possible to provide full solutions. 

Thanks,
Svetoslav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anita,

That's the issue I've been facing as well. Can you share an ETA when can we expect a fix?

Regards,

Deyan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Deyan25431676d51h,

Sorry for the trouble. I am checking with the engineering team about the status of the issue and will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thank you for being so patient. The bug is still open, and the team is still working on the issue. I have escalated the issue to the team, and they are working on it on priority.

I will keep you posted with the update.

Thanks.

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines