• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Padding different in XD than Sketch and Figma?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious I am mianly a sketch user and am creating the same design as a test in XD and figma. I notice the text padding is different in XD. So for:

One
Two
Three
Four

The text container in XD is 156px using 44px line height. With less padding on top and bottom. where in Figma and Sketch it is the same 176px. Just curious why such a difference? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xd applies line height as leading - the distance between each line of text, ignoring the first line. Figma and Sketch apply it the same way it's applied in CSS and browsers, as line-height, which is equal on the top and bottom sides of each line, and is part of the bounding box for the first line as well.

Here's the difference:

SpasK_0-1631860360902.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey thank you. This was bugging me so much. So, wouldn't sketch and figmas way be the proper way since that is how it is applied in css for browsers?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines