• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Padding Won't Work

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am following a tutorial here  https://www.adobe.com/products/xd/learn/design/layout/design-prototype-website-adobexd.html  that has shown me how to set up and use the Padding feature.  However, when I do the steps (video 2 around 2:10) I get nothing.  There is no response to me typing different sizes of texts, so it is just like this function is nonexistent.  I have searched and searched to try and find an answer for why this feature won't work, but have found nothing on my searches.  I have also uninstalled and reinstalled my program, and it still doesn't work.  Can someone please help me find out what is wrong with my XD program so that I can get this feature working properly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, can you please post some screenshots of how your design is set up, with the problematic elements you are trying to add padding to? Make sure the layers panel is visible.

Keep in mind you can only add padding to a group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for responding.  Sorry for taking so long to get back, but my internet has gone out and I have to go somewhere to have access to internet.  Also, my screen has enlarged resolution because I am visually impaired.  If you need me to decrease it further, I will try.  Here is a screenshot of what all my settings look like when I set up padding - I am following the video exactly.  https://www.adobe.com/products/xd/learn/design/layout/design-prototype-website-adobexd.html  Video 2 at around 2:00 - 2:15 is where the padding instructions are that I am trying to follow.

Jessica27064492a9rp_0-1668265832009.png

As you will see in this next screenshot, even though I have Padding set with my group on, it does nothing for me.

Jessica27064492a9rp_2-1668266480301.png

If anyone can offer suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jessica27064492a9rp,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry to hear you're unable to apply padding in XD. I am unable to reproduce the issue at my end on my windows machine. The padding seemed to work fine as soon as I made my rectangle and text a group. 

As rightly said by our expert, please share some more design screenshots for a better understanding of your design.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That also work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines