• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panning tool sticks for a second after zooming canvas before it will let me pan again

Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe XD on windows and having an issue when I zoom in or out of a document and it has to re-render the images and text on it. I'll zoom in or out and then try to use the spacebar to pan around but I have to wait for it to redraw the images and text so it "sticks" there for a second and then lets me move again. This doesn't happen on the mac version but happens on the windows version. How do I fix this? Ideally we should be able to turn off animated zoom because its unnecessary.

TOPICS
How to , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD & OS.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Are you using an external monitor?
  4. Please ensure that you have the latest graphics card drivers as per the manufacturer's website.
  5. Please share a small video of what exactly is happening at your end.

Regards

Rishabh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Windows 10 with XD version 36.2.32.5

2. Happens on all files

3. I've tried it using a laptop connected to an external monitor and with my desktop which obviously uses the external monitor.

4. I have the latest graphic card drivers.

5. How can we share a vide here on the forum?

I think this just started happening with this last update. I could be wrong but I was able to zoom in and out before without it sticking when I started to pan right away. I think it has something to do with the animated zoom where it has to re-render whats on the screen and then it sticks until it finishes. Can we turn off the animated zoom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed that this is a bug in the newest version of Adobe XD. I downloaded a prior version and the sticking is gone after zooming. Can you please report this to the devs? Also can you ask them to add an option to turn off animated zoom entirely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the information. We will definitely ask our team to investigate it. In order to attach the video, please upload the recorded video to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with us here. 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link to the MP4 video of the problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i84GtXzeq6HKOXVtaNelB7-ptj802vjv/view

I've tested this on multiple windows 10 systems now, one with a 1080ti and one with a radeon pro 560x. It's better on the 1080ti but still apparent with larger files and on the 560x is really bad sticking like in the video. I believe it has something to do with the rendering of the content on the screen after zooming in and out. Can we please get functionality to turn off animated zoom? This happens when you hold down alt and then use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out on the screen. I want it to work where there are just steps in the zooming without the animated transition between them, like Photoshop works. The mac version of Adobe XD has the right idea when you zoom in and out with the mouse wheel and it has steps with no animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watching closely in the video you can see as I try to pull/pan the screen from left to right it sticks for a second and then catches up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the video. I am unable to reproduce it at my end. However, I have logged a bug for your issue so that our product team can investigate and share their insights.

I will let you know if they need more information from you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Harshika,

In order to get the bug to happen, you need to have a file open with a lot of elements and artboards. If you just open it and have nothing on the canvas then it works fine. Try using a UI kit from the XD page, I used the google material UI kit, and then try zooming out and then panning quickly and you'll see how it sticks when you do that. I've tested this on both the radeon card and my nvidia 1080ti and it happens on both of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines