• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Paste' doesn't work

New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't copy & paste any item or artboard on my XD, because just 'paste(CTRL+V)' menu isn't active.

I'm not sure whether this problem comes from XD itself, or OS(windows10 Enterprise 1607 64bit).

While 'copy' works properly, 'paste' always stays in gray color.

How can I solve this problem? I actually re-installed XD three times.

I'm very sorry that I have to post this sort of silly question.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Hi caroliner39906458,

Glad to hear you're not facing this issue anymore and thank you for taking the time to answer the questions.

As the issue is no longer reproducing it's hard to understand what happened. It might help to look over the logs - so, if it's not too much trouble, please collect the logs using the following tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and upload the file to CC, Dropbox, or Google drive and share the link over a private message. To send a pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into this problem too. It seems like I cant copy anything in XD.  CTRL+C or through the right-click menu.  If I press CTRL+ V or right click and paste doesn't work. Tried restarting. Tried reinstalling XD. If I copy something in this page I can copy it into XD but I tried copying a graphic from AI into XD and that does not work.

Windows 10 PC. I only use Windows Defender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi caroliner39906458

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with XD.  Please help us better understand what is happening in your case by answering the following questions:

1.  Can you copy something from XD and paste it back in XD?

2.  Can you copy a text from Ai and paste it into XD?

3.  Can you upload the Ai file with the graphic that fails to be pasted into XD?

FYI: We now have a limitation on Windows that paste for graphics larger that 10 MB is not working and this will be fixed in XD 11.0.

4. Can you give us more details about your system? Start -> Settings -> System -> About. For instance, on one machine, I am running Win10 Enterprise version 1709 , build 16299.371.

5. What System  are using? I'm testing on a Lenovo ThinkPad P40 Yoga for example.

It would also help us investigate further if we had more logs.

You can use the Adobe log collector tool, available here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html.  After this tool runs, you'll see a zip file on the desktop that you can attach to send me an email.

Thank you,

Letitia Antohe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next day suddenly everything worked like usual again.

Anyways gonna answer your questions.

1.  I can not copy or paste anything in XD (no graphics, no artboard, no text)

2.  I'm not sure about text. I copied text from my web browser into XD successfully. I cant test this because the error like I said suddenly was resolved.

3.  The same graphic I wasn't able to copy from AI I was able to copy into XD the next day. It was just a simple Icon downloaded from freepik as svg and opened in AI.

4. I have a Gigabyte P34 With Windows 10 Home Version:1803 OS build: 17134.112 64 Bit operating system and Intel Core i7 7thgen.

I also use the creative cloud and always keep all programs updated to their latest versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi caroliner39906458,

Glad to hear you're not facing this issue anymore and thank you for taking the time to answer the questions.

As the issue is no longer reproducing it's hard to understand what happened. It might help to look over the logs - so, if it's not too much trouble, please collect the logs using the following tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and upload the file to CC, Dropbox, or Google drive and share the link over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

If you stumble over the issue once more, although I hope this will not happen, please try the copy-paste actions in another UWP application like Paint 3D and let me know the result.

Thank you,

Letitia Antohe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Ctrl c - active, but it don't want to copy even text from XD to txt file or else. Someone got any solutions about this problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem with copy/paste.  Currently using an iMac running Mojave.  Whenever I tried to copy/paste anything, it usually did not work.  Today I was drawing red squares around some items on a pdf drawing.  Tried again to copy/paste, expecting it to fail.  It worked!  Looking closely at my pdf, noticed that my copied red square was still selected.  Unselected it, paste stopped working.  Selected it again, paste worked.  Tried this on other items in the pdf (the drawing is being marked up for revision), and copy/paste worked every time.  Hope this helps others having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue. I cannot copy, paste, or undo/redo in a specific file, when I try to copy paste a specific component. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither can I... Impossible to work when actually trying to teach myself Adobe XD...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had disabled some windows tracking programs and it made adobe XD not to paste. Solution: reinstall windows and allow adverts, tracking and junk ware. It is sad that the app was coded as a UWP app. This new technology is somehow 'linked' to windows store and if you interfere with windows store, XD may develop problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue and something worked for me: if you're using a mouse and a laptop, try unplugging the mouse, replug it and try again. I have windows 10 on a Dell laptop. I configured my windows to auto-disable the touchpad whenever I have my mouse on. Somehow this interfered with the C/P functionality in xd. I hope this solution will work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked for me too! Thanks so much for posting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter_Flynn Thank you for your response, anti-virus was creating this issue. I am using Kaspersky and disabled as you mentioned. It did work, but since I need the antivirus tobe working I simply added exclusion in Kaspersky>Settings>Threats and Protection>Exclusions - for XD folder. On windows 10 its under Program files>windowsapp. It may be hidden so I had to find the path using windows task manager. I did it using this help here : https://youtu.be/62BmQuGw3B4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir problem not only copy and paste  all opposition upgrade premium will show please 🥺 help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kavi,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please share more about what exactly is happening at your end? If possible please share a small video of the issue along with the version of XD, we'll try our best to assist you with this.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines