Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste interaction does not apply

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am still quite new with animations, interactions in xd so I was very happy to discover that I could copy paste interactions as I have a whole bunch of same way functioning buttons, that I have set up in a wrong way before duplicating.

Is this function meant to be pasting only the destination of an interaction, or the animation settings as well?
Could I copy and paste the animation settings without changing the destination of an interaction?

Also, when I copy and paste, it only changes the destination of an interaction and nothing else changes on the right side panel settings.

And often it literally does nothing.

I am pretty confused how this function should work.

on the below screenshots I was trying to apply from the Queen button to the Medium, but nothing happened.

Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 09.24.28.png

Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 09.24.40.png

TOPICS
How to , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. You can use Paste interaction to apply the defined interaction to another object by selecting the object or the artboard, select copy, click the destination object or artboard, and in the right-click context menu, select Paste Interaction.

If you are looking for functionality, please submit your feedback here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests and share the link with us for future customers.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. You can use Paste interaction to apply the defined interaction to another object by selecting the object or the artboard, select copy, click the destination object or artboard, and in the right-click context menu, select Paste Interaction.

If you are looking for functionality, please submit your feedback here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests and share the link with us for future customers.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, since then I figured I was looking for something that is not implemented at the moment in Adobe xd. I will check if someone brought up the idea as a suggestion to work on. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines