• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance issues like High CPU usage with XD version 42.0.22

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xD seems a light weight tool but performance is very bad even though I have 16GB of ram and less app opened.
Even a few minutes of job is dragging to an hour. Most of the times, not able to rename layes, edit color values in a picker, not able to edit text in a artboard. So many issues.

Can technical team look into the performance issue?

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Hi All,

We understand your concern and apologize for the bad experience. We are continue tracking the High CPU usage issue here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/100-cpu-after-updating-xd-to-42-1/td-p/12210103

If you are experiencing issue with text or with any other workflow, please create a separate post so that we can track the other issue separately.

The team is tracking all the bugs raised for the performance issue. We would request you to please share all the requested informa

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

I also have the same problem I have ensured that my os and my graphic card is up to date but it is still taking a long time to launch in windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we're sorry you're having trouble with Adobe XD. In order to help you we need more information:

• does this problem occur only with a specific file or also with other files?
  • you can post a screenshot of the task manager while Adobe XD is in use in order to see its behavior

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem with all the files. Please find below the screenshot.

Now only one instance is running and I kept closing rest of the applications to free up memory but still no improvement with Xd.

sKumarr_0-1627553669172.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please update to version 42.1.22 and check if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, I updated the version. Let me observe it for a day or two and share my updates on the performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still performance problem exists in working with Cloud documents.

Applicaiton freezes on the following are the instances,

1) If I started doing UNDO multiple times.

2) If I start doing ZOOM-IN / ZOOM-OUT, followed by editing the text or renaming the layers.

It is really annoying and not able to work collaboratively with my team members.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply. Could you check if there are any updates for your OS and your graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. If you're still experiencing performamce issue with XD 42.1 version, then we would request you to please share Adobe logs and Crash dumps with us so that we can escalate the issue to the team for investigation and log a bug for the cases separately.

Logs will help our team investigate the root cause of the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem still exists. So I by myself kill the instance from Task Manager whenever it hangs.

Instead of working in a cloud document, Now I am saving it as a local file.

How do I retrieve the Aodbe Logs? My laptop is adminstered by company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More stability issues on the following use cases,

1. App hangs when multiple undo.
  2. App allows me to rename the layer but changes are not reflected after ENTER press or click outside.
  3. Sometimes not able to save the artboard changes. The file name still shows as "File name *". So I lost my changes multiple times by closing & opening the Xd again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation issues
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

Also resign from Adobe account and sign in back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've got the same issue. Windows 10 (all updates installed), Adobe XD 42.1.22. Cloud files are extremely slow and crash when I perform easy tasks like editing text. 

I've attached my Task Manager pic and here are the logs: AdobeLogs_20210806_105101_650-win.zip

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marina,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Thanks for sharing the details and adding the logs. I am escalating this further and will update this discussion as soon as I hear from the team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I and my collegues are experiencing the same issue for a while now. We tried updating the graphics card driver already and I recently even re-installed Windows in the hope of fixing the problem. Co-editing is so slow that we avoid it completely. We also tried to break up all components for better editing performance but the result is still bad - especially when editing text input controls. 

Should I attach my log-files here or somewhere else?

I hope we can resolve this. We are quite desperate already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe team,

Everyday the app is going crazy. Day by day, I started using the cloud documents as local documents because of performance problem. Due to which, collaborative mode of working is no more useful.

Xd is consuming memory like anything for one instance.

Not sure the recently relesed version has the fix for performance issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Technical team,

Everyday the app is going crazy. Day by day, I started using the cloud documents as local documents because of performance problem. Due to which, collaborative mode of working is no more useful.

Xd is consuming memory like anything for one instance.

Does the recently relesed version has the fix for performance issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We understand your concern and apologize for the bad experience. We are continue tracking the High CPU usage issue here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/100-cpu-after-updating-xd-to-42-1/td-p/12210103

If you are experiencing issue with text or with any other workflow, please create a separate post so that we can track the other issue separately.

The team is tracking all the bugs raised for the performance issue. We would request you to please share all the requested information in the thread shared so that your issue can be investigated separately. As we are observing that performance is getting varied from one machine to another machine.

Please share the requested information with me over a PM so that I can log feedback tickets for you all separetly. 

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marina,

Could you confirm if you are still experiencing the issue after updating XD to the latest version, which is 43?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Yes, the problem still exist and I started using the local document instead of cloud files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what changed—maybe it's because of the last update—but for the past week XD has been painfully slow. Like 5-10+ second delays on every mouse movement.

It's been impossible to work on cloud documents.

<Title renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please uninstall XD using the cleaner tool using the https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html and then re-install XD and let us know if that solves the issue. If it still crashes, please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files? 
  3. Please share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Based on the article you just sent me, "slow performance" is not covered as a reason for when to use the cleaner tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have slow performance after the update
Only 11 pages....

fina5E90_0-1627356784878.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We apologize for the frustration. Is it possible for you to share the XD file which is causing this performance issue with us? If yes, please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with us over a PM or here.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We would request you to please update XD to 42.1 version and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines