• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perserve Scroll Position Checking and Unchecking Automatically?

Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Preserve Scroll Position" check box is not staying checked. I am checking and then it uncheckes automatically. Why is this happening?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Syeds, it should stay there, make sure the object you're selecting is not locked etc, after you check the box "Fix position when scrolling" it should stay there, you may want to share a prototype etc link? As you see in this example, it stays perfectly fine after I check it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oo4h4mia6u0cx2t/carousel-test-file-2.xd?dl=0 Please update me since I've never came across a similar issue, hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, let me review and I will let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at my XD file and I do not see anything that stands out. I have uploaded it for your review Perhaps my nesting order is the problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ra47tjisz25hgm/calendar-mobile-test-01.xd?dl=0

Here is a visual. As you can see the subnav does scroll but when I click a link then it bounces back to the begining. I am tryign to check the preserve scrolling thinking that is the solution but it will not let me. Thank you for looking at it.

Syeds_0-1644954350955.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the file, and interestingly, even if I change the "Action Type"s to "Scroll To" instead of "Transition", it goes back to "Transition", doesn't make sense, seems like nothing there is changable.. Going to check some more tomorrow and will let you know if I find out anything (Some library links seem broken, there might be something related to that, can't be sure)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for looking into it. It will if I can understand what is going on because I have a similar interaction on a vertal scroll. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines