• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos become patterns when copying and pasting from XD to Illustrator

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having issues when copying and pasting assets from XD to Illustrator. Whenever I copy and paste an asset with a photo, the photo gets turned into a pattern and tiles. Also, text within a grouped asset will be off center unless the text box is set to "auto width" within XD. This also happens when assets are saved into our CC library and dragged from the library into an Illustrator file. My team and I are constantly going between XD and Illustrator and this bug is greatly slowing down our workflow. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi diegov15377484,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issue with XD. We will try our best to investigate the issue. We would request you to please share few more details-

• The video of your workflow for better understanding.
  • The details of your operating system and the version of XD installed on your machine.
  • Does that happen with all files?
  • Please share the XD file with the asset so that we can investigate at our end.

We will try our best to help.

Note: Please upload XD file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Did you find soulution to this problem. I'm recently facing the same issue hence, I was wondering if you found the solution.

Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Suraj27891972b7yl,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing issues copying and pasting assets from Adobe XD to Illustrator. The problem with photos getting turned into patterns and text being off-center can be frustrating and slow down your workflow, especially if you're working with a team and need to go back and forth between the two programs.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

• Check the format: Make sure that the assets you're copying from XD are in a format that is compatible with Illustrator, such as vector graphics or PNG files.
  • Use Export: Instead of copying and pasting, try exporting your assets from XD as a file and importing that file into Illustrator.
  • Adjust the text box: To fix the issue with text being off-center, try adjusting the text box within XD to "auto width" before copying and pasting.
  • Update the software: Make sure that both XD and Illustrator are updated to the latest version, as this may contain bug fixes that could resolve the issue.

We hope these steps help you to resolve the issue with copying and pasting assets from XD to Illustrator. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA,

Thank you for reply. I really appreciate it. I agree that its frustrating and distrurb the process. I really count on flexiblity to copy paste among Adobe softwares. It saves time and get thing done quickly.

• Since everting is made in XD so I belive when I copy things they are vector of course not the images.

• I can try exporting but again thats another step I'll have to navigate through.

• Thanks for the text box recommendation. As that too happen sometimes.
• I start my day looking for updates. Hence, software is definetly updated.

I really hope Adobe is working towards the solution and soon will roll out the fixes. Meanwhile, I'll try the options you've recommended.

Thank your for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines