• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PLEASE Implement Dark Mode

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this has been "in the backlog" since 2016 now, but I'm begging you XD team, PLEASE implement a dark mode for Adobe XD, it's giving me migraines using it.

This is getting desperate now.

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MGUX,

We understand your concern and frustration. The team genuinely understands the need (and there are a lot of requests for this), but the team needs to complete underlying architecture work (especially on Windows) before they can make it happen. It is a work in progress but may take a while.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read this stock answer on a number of threads about this, literally copied and pasted.

How about some kind of time-frame? Has it even been started? Sorry, but the answer sounds disingenuous and like a brush off.

I don't buy the excuse either, given that someone found that the UI is essentially themed already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To elaborate, this is why I don't buy that it's taking more than more than four years to implement a dark mode UI.

If I look here on Windows:
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\

On my system I see this folder:
Adobe.XD_51.0.12.6_x64__pc75e8sa7ep4e

Inside that folder is a 'Themes' folder, which has these files inside:

Adobe XD Themes.png

What are these? They look like themes to me. Opening up the 'General.xaml' file reveals:

General Theme.png

Well look at that! Aren't those UI colors? Oh, and what do I see there .... a dark palette theme.

So, forgive me for being skeptical about your "the team needs to complete underlying architecture work".

At the VERY LEAST you could make the working area have a user definable color, that would take so little time to implement compared to a full dark theme, and that would help immensely on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's a good sign? They have the files.. so maybe we're going to get dark mode soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These files have been in the installed files since at least 2019, maybe even earlier, look at the initial commit date for this project that attempted to theme the UI by changing the files:
https://github.com/cgio/darkxd/commits/master

So I'm not convinced. It seems to just not be a priority for Adobe, despite their claims. Just look at how often Adobe XD gets updates, so few and far between, and the updates we get are never anything major people have been begging for for years.

No wonder Figma, Sketch and the like are eating their lunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mean, how hard would THIS be?

This would make a huge difference while we wait for a full implementation.

Easy Fix.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines