Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor export quality in adobe xD

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

This is the first time I try to export my artboart in adobe xD and I get a really poor quality when I export de design (x1) JPG or PNG so it becomes impossible to put it on a portfolio.
The text looks blurry not like on the design. Can you tell me how to fix that ?  I'm using a artboard of 1440. 

Couldn't find a solution even from this article https://medium.com/thinking-design/protip-exporting-assets-in-adobe-xd-c586996de703

Thank you 

Web 1920 – 4.jpg

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble exporting design in Adobe XD. We would need a few more details in order to investigate more about the issue like-

• What is the OS & XD version of your machine?
  • Are you facing the issue in web export or desktop export?
  • It would be really helpful if you can share a short video of the workflow?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your answer,

I'm using adobe xD version 23.1.32.2 And I'm using a hp laptop with windows 10

I'm facing the issue in export for design (x1) JPG or PNG. It looks better on export for Web.

Did I make something wrong?

Thanks

Image 15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you discovered a solution to this? I am having the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will you find a solution to export problem?
I'm trying a million ways to get a good export from assets.

For this, I get PDF export, measuring and printing one by one from the Illistrator now feels like death.

Why can't you solve the export problem for years when everything works perfectly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem and its really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a shot in the dark, since I'm not sure what your example represents and how this forum workflow might have scaled it further down as well. But my guess is that you've been creating and judging your pristine design with hi-res original image material, while the resolution of the exported output (at 1x) is – of course – relatively much lower. Especially when you're working and viewing your design on a hi-res screen (like a MacBook), then the 1x output is far below that quality. Might that be the case ?

Try the other scaling factors, like 3x (iOS) and see if these are better.

But keep in mind that many simple computer screens are still at these lower factors, so your text will indeed be rendered in a fairly rough resolution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting so ridiculous and frustrating. It seems like Adobe's support give zero crap about XD. I've been having the same blurry export issues forever and, not to mention the unmanaged color profiles that totally skew your design.  I'm switching back to Sketch. ADOBE XD SUCKS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

workaround from me, in Mac: take a screenshot of that artboard, the result will be better than default exporting option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But he's using Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my only solution as well.

I spent hours on a project and the only thing XD did was ruin my work.

So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's ridiculous but that's what I do sometimes too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed. Exporting to any format makes some images blurry. I've found that exporting to pdf and then to jpg/png is the only viable solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely ridiculous, bye XD moving to a decent tool, what is Adobe doing with all that subscription money?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am sorry for the frustration. Would you mind checking the correct answer to this post:https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/xd-bug-with-blur-link-when-you-share-your-work/m-p/11288704?... and see if that might be the reason for the images getting blurred?

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didnt help at all... I cant believe how long i just spent on my project to have the client prototype be BLURRY and not to mention DULLER COLORS. So so unprofessional...how do you fix thise ADOBE?!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey mate,

so the only way aroun this, which works for me is; export as pdf- export that again as PNG - voila high res.

very very long winded and annoying.

else, try Figma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I feel this still isn't fixed. I am exporting artboards to include in my portfolio. however, the detailed UI shots simply aren't worth presenting, as the resolution is very poor.

Is there any new workaround?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking into this issue as well, and it seems like we have to export the document as iOS with PNG as the format. It'll export 3 different pngs. The first one was still blurry looking but the other two are in perfect quality for my iPhone.

I would try that method to see if it works for any of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe this issue still hasn't been fixed.

I was one of the earliest adopter of XD, started using it back in mid 2016 and bared with the blury exports for 2 years and finally gave up...fast forward 2.5 years to almost 2021 and nothing has changed. This really is a big shame as I have tried to give Adobe XD numerous chances times.

The problem with Adobe XD is that expects designers to set the artboard at double or triple pixel upfront. This leaves lot of planning and gets in the way of just designing. Seconandly, Adobe XD artboard presets makes you think if you select iMac, Macbook Pro or iPhone and any other retina screen devices the export is going to be crisp because you are designing for those devices. Thirdly, everything looks crisp and sharp at any artboard pixel size therefore you expect it to export like that instead you are penalised after all your hard work.

Save your sanity and just use another application that does not assume you are designing for 1x 2x, 3x, instead just lets you choose whatever artboard you want and provide you with the export you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue here. Adobe shame, shame, shame. 
Can someone explain to me how to do it through PDF export? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try 4x exporte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best solution for me is,

1. Save as PDF

2. convert to PDF https://png2pdf.com/ (best free coversion site ever known)

3. reduce the size of PNG https://tinypng.com/ (5MB per image for free user)

4. convert the PNG to PDF https://png2pdf.com/ , then combine them

It helps me hope it helps you too 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now imagine that you have 70 different formats to convert. It's just terrible and there seems to be no fix available.

I've found the easiest way is to:

Export -> web -> and use Preview or Photoshop to resize the image. 

Please adobe, fix this and give us more options to choose how to export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced the same issue when importing my full homepage to XD. The quality decreases a lot.

I avoided this by cutting the image in multiple, shorter images. It worked perfectly.

It seems too large images are compressed/shrinked a lot. Hope this will help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines