Preserve Scroll Position on Horizontal Navigation

Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nav items: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Nav Items on mobile artboard: 1, 2, 3

Horizonal scroll to: 4, 5, 6 on viewable artboard

Clicking on nav item 6 does not keep 4, 5, 6 on artboard but instead 1, 2, 3 are visible.

How can I fix this? 

TOPICS
Design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Hi @Syeds, I think it was your file yesterday I also checked but honestly I couldn't figure out what's wrong with the file but I tried to simulate the situation in this prototype, and it didn't even require me to check "preserve scroll" checkbox but it works perfectly fine as it can be seen in this prototype, when I click 5 it stays there: https://xd.adobe.com/view/974423a1-8992-48a4-80f0-ff5ec69889d6-c217/ , I think I'd try to recreate that design by step by step copying and pasting items from

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Syeds, I think it was your file yesterday I also checked but honestly I couldn't figure out what's wrong with the file but I tried to simulate the situation in this prototype, and it didn't even require me to check "preserve scroll" checkbox but it works perfectly fine as it can be seen in this prototype, when I click 5 it stays there: https://xd.adobe.com/view/974423a1-8992-48a4-80f0-ff5ec69889d6-c217/ , I think I'd try to recreate that design by step by step copying and pasting items from the original file to see what's going wrong, hope this helps (there were some missing library items when I checked the file though, can be something about that)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that. Can you ake it so I can download the XD file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines