Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with 2 main components

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys,

i just started working with adobe xd and i have problems with 2 main components which a shown in different states of the second main component:

2020-12-14_07h49_49.png

I know its because of the different layers. No matter how I do it, one of the 2 main components is always displayed incorrectly.

Thanks for your help and sorry for the bad English 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Active states are separate between a Main Component and its instances. The contents of each state are the same between them (unless you make overrides), but what state each one is in is separate.

Also, if you put one main component into another, it turns into an instance. You can't have a main component within another component. Only instances can be nested.

I'm not sure I completely understand the issue. In the last image there, I can see the whole screen is a component as well. So in one o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Active states are separate between a Main Component and its instances. The contents of each state are the same between them (unless you make overrides), but what state each one is in is separate.

Also, if you put one main component into another, it turns into an instance. You can't have a main component within another component. Only instances can be nested.

I'm not sure I completely understand the issue. In the last image there, I can see the whole screen is a component as well. So in one of its states you hide the icon instances, and in another state you show them. You can do that using the show/hide icon next to each layer, you don't need to change anything within the icon components.

It should be something like that:
image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines