• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with the v50 version

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, with the v50 update I noticed like everyone else that the Starter plan was no longer available and I searched for information on the net, ending up on the Adobe blog where I found the solution to install the v49 version, which I did.

But I have a problem, lol: before installing v49 I accidentally activated the 7-day trial of v50 and also made some changes to my project, which automatically saved to the cloud... and now, with v49 it gives me this error!

I tried to update again to v50 but Creative cloud still says I only have 7 days trial, of course... 😞 What can I do to solve the problem? Do I wait for an update that fixes the v50 problem of the 7 day trial?

In the picture it says: "This file was saved with a newer version of Adobe XD. To open it, update Adobe XD."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

I finally solved it! 🥳

I tried copying and pasting the tables as suggested in the second link you wrote me, but it was unsuccessful, so thinking about it over and over again it occurred to me that Windows has a built-in sandbox, so I enabled it, installed XD v49.0.12 and meanwhile kept XD v50.0.12 open in normal Windows. Then in the Prototype tab I copied all the tables (so it also copied the links between the tables 😉 ) and finally I pasted everything into XD v49.

Now I just have to put the pho

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Glad you got your work back! But good news, there may be a much easier way to use version 50 in Starter mode... Several users are reporting that my first suggestion given above works for them:

Try launching XD version 50 not from the CC Desktop app, but some other way – like from the Windows Start menu or macOS Dock/Launchpad... Then choose "Exit XD," but see if it still runs.

By @ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're at version 50 again. Try starting XD from elsewhere besides the CC Desktop app (like from the Start menu or Dock/Launchpad)... Then choose "Exit XD," but see if it still runs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer, but I have to inform you that it is not for me: I currently have v49.0.12 installed, that's why I can't open the file, it's saved with Adobe XD version 50.0.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wrote, "I tried to update again to v50 but Creative cloud still says I only have 7 days trial, of course."

But if you're still on version 49, then that won't be able to open a file saved with version 50:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/how-to-open-a-file-created-in-newer-version-of-x...

There may be a workaround, however – see:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/how-can-i-open-a-file-in-xd-in-a-older-version/m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally solved it! 🥳

I tried copying and pasting the tables as suggested in the second link you wrote me, but it was unsuccessful, so thinking about it over and over again it occurred to me that Windows has a built-in sandbox, so I enabled it, installed XD v49.0.12 and meanwhile kept XD v50.0.12 open in normal Windows. Then in the Prototype tab I copied all the tables (so it also copied the links between the tables 😉 ) and finally I pasted everything into XD v49.

Now I just have to put the photos back, it didn't copy those, but it doesn't matter, there aren't many tables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I skipped a few steps, lol:

I uninstalled XD v50 from regular Windows and installed v49.0.12: then opened the new document with the tables pasted in and saved it to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got your work back! But good news, there may be a much easier way to use version 50 in Starter mode... Several users are reporting that my first suggestion given above works for them:

Try launching XD version 50 not from the CC Desktop app, but some other way – like from the Windows Start menu or macOS Dock/Launchpad... Then choose "Exit XD," but see if it still runs.

By @ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines