• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Thumbnail problem

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, just wanted to ask you guys about 1 problem which is bothering me since day1 of using Adobe XD.

Screenshot 2019-03-01 at 14.32.04.png

As you can see, the project thumbnails do not update. Every single project keeps referring to original empty whitescreen. In most cases those screens were not even used and they are not even the part of the project anymore. Is there any way to update these thumbnails?

P.S.: Changing "home screen" in prototype did not help

The more projects I create, the more difficult it is for me to navigate in such environment.

M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Hi,

Just wanted to provide the solution to this - if I'm understanding the problem correctly. The Cloud Document thumbnail is generated from the artboard that appears in the highest Y position within your XD document. So if you have a doc full of artboards, it will use the one that appears vertically first.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi M, thanks for sharing the feedback. Could you please share the OS version and the version of Adobe XD which you are using? I would like to know if you have tried it on a different machine and do you see the same thumbnail in cloud document sections as well?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Atul,

yes, this is happening in cloud documents section as well. Haven't had a chance to try it on a different machine though.

(Some of my documents however do have a custom graphics thumbnail but that happened only in case when I have used the originally generated first artboard in the new document)

Adobe XD version: 16.0.2.8

macOS Mojave 10.14.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to fix this? It's 2021 and i've got the exact same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, 

I'm not a regular XD user but I'm looking to switch to XD from Figma just to experiment. 

I've been facing the same issue. At first, I thought, Adobe XD doesn't support project thumbnails. Is that the case? Or can we?

If someone knows, please let me knowHow to set project thumbnails in Adobe XD'

Thanks in advance!! 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just wanted to provide the solution to this - if I'm understanding the problem correctly. The Cloud Document thumbnail is generated from the artboard that appears in the highest Y position within your XD document. So if you have a doc full of artboards, it will use the one that appears vertically first.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this also works for non-cloud saved files. Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to reply of @houseof9 , I remembered the great session of Jessica Moon in MAX'21: https://www.adobe.com/max/2021/sessions/pro-tips-and-design-hacks-to-speed-up-your-work-in-s533.html 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines