• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable the animation option in the prototype setting in XD?

Engaged ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm linking couple artboards and for some of them I can use the "Push up"/"Push down" animation (using tap trigger, transition action) and for others, the animation options are disabled.

I noticed that when the artboards have differente sizes, the list gets disabled, but this is not the case: both artboards have the same size.

What variables can disabled the animation list?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Hi Franco,

Yes, that is correct the list gets disabled when artboard have different size. I would also suggest checking the view port height of the artboard as well if they are same or not. Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please refer to this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/prototype-animation-option-is-disabled-in-xd/m-p/10924446?page=1#M23657

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Franco,

Yes, that is correct the list gets disabled when artboard have different size. I would also suggest checking the view port height of the artboard as well if they are same or not. Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika! I checked the artboards and the port heights were different. I set to the same value and the animation option got available again!

Thank you very much 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Glad to hear you are back on track.  Please feel free to reach out to us for any query related to XD. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

My viewport is still the same in both artboards but the animation option is still disabled - Any ideas on what could be affecting this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that the animation option is disabled at your end. Would you mind sharing the screenshot of your artboard along with the properties so that we can check what is the problem?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also encountered the list disablement issue and resetting the viewport height resolves the issue.

Thanks for the solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you are able to resolve the issue and thanks for sharing the solution that worked for you. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I'm facing the same problem but in my case in some cases of different sizes the animations are available but in other cases they are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed something. When trying to switch from a greater length viewport size to a smaller one then the animations are disabled. But when switching from smaller to larger length size then the animations are available again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! 
I have pages of different sizes, so is there any way possible i can add animation or do i need to resize them?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you So much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I have a problem in prototyping. When I try to make a transaction I can't select the type of animation. This is shown in the attached image.

In my project I can't change the animation, while in the example file of the introductory tutorial I have no problem. What am I doing wrong in my project?

Thanks for your help, Massimo

animation-issue-img.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please refer to this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/prototype-animation-option-is-disabled-in-xd/m-p/10924446?pa...

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just read. Yes, the problem is solved.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that! Feel free to reach out to us if you have any other questions or issues in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to animate between Login artboard to Dashboard artboard. The animation slide Left is working fine. But when the connect the Login artboard to the Signup artboard the animation - Slide Right is not working, u can see in the screen shot it is disabled.

And the same when i connect the arrow below in the Signup artboard to the Dashboard artboard, the animation is disabled, as i want it to be Slide Left as i have done for the Login artboard.

When I connected the first 3 artboards, the animation worked fine, the text objects moved as expected.

When I connect the 4th artboard, the animations are disabled and the other artboards are working fine. It is just transitions instead even though the connection is set to animate and even though it worked perfectly correct beforehand.

This has happened to me twice now, its very irratating because to fix it, it appears I have to delete the artboard and start again. Even though i deleted and started, its not working at all, need to be fixed.

If anyone has had a similar issue please let know and also, if you were able to figure out why it does that, please let me know. Attaching my Desgin & Prototypes.

Thanks in advance.

Login to DashboardLogin to DashboardLogin to SignupLogin to SignupSignup to DashboardSignup to DashboardDesign PrototypeDesign Prototype

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. The animation option gets disabled if the artboard height is not same. Please see the similar discussion here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/prototype-animation-option-is-disabled-in-xd/td-p/10924446?p...

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just read. Yes, the problem is solved.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great News. I am glad the issue is resolved. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same issue, but have no idea how to "fix the viewport height" to be the same. Please provide more detailed instructions on how to do this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Viewport height are been set to create a scrollable artboard, for more information please refer to this guide: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/user-guide.html/ca/xd/help/create-scrollable-artboards.ug.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have the same problem but it doesn't work even after I checked the view port size. My transition is still not available.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me.. the viewpoint height is all the same, but 3 artboards that I need to connect, has the animation disabled..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe, I am still having this same problem as mentioned above, but two years later. My artboards are now the same size and viewpoint is the same size (see screenshot 1). And still, the animation is disabled. Can you please advise?

Also, what am I supposed to do if I can't make the artboards the same size? Example: like when I have a longer, scrollable homepage connecting to a shorter artboard? (Screen shot 2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines