• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prototype link is NOT updating changes after it's created

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After creating a prototype link any changes I'm making in the screens is NOT being published when I click the Update Link button in the Share section. Is there any fix for this? I tried saving the document locally, pasting into a new document, I've tried everything but I could not get the links to update when I click the Update Link button, please help.

TOPICS
Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried making a change after creating a prototype link, updating the link and refreshing the existing prototype on the browser and changes reflect as I see. Check the video, hope this helps 🙂 https://www.dropbox.com/s/04h58e6kjntuete/prototype-link-update-test.mov?dl=0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see your is working, but unfortunately my is still NOT working. Not sure if it has anything to do with this, but in my company we can only create a link with access to Only Invited People.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it has anything to do with "Only Invited" link restriction but when you have the chance I'd like to see a prototype link of a test file (like the one I created just with a box etc) to see if everything is updated at my end, for the prototype you created, I can take a screenshot of that prototype to show what I see or we can even arrange a short google meeting when we're both available while you share your screen, updating real time and me checking the prototype link ðŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thank you! Here's the link for a prototype I'm testing the Update Link button, https://xd.adobe.com/view/fcbb76e9-08b9-4162-97ec-67f673fb8f2d-a9e8/ 
like I said, I can only share links with "Only Invited" so if you can send me you email I'll share this link with you. Thanks again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I sent a request including my email.
Edit: This is what I'm seeing now, a blue box: https://prnt.sc/220no00

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, I granted you access to the link. I initially create the box in red, then changed to blue and it's still not updating to the new color, please check it out, which color do you see the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmm, so you can see the box in blue, it means it's updating but not on my browser, do you know if there's a configuration or something that is blocking the links to be up to date? I'm using Safari by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't be sure if that can be a browser issue but why don't you give it a try on some other browser 😉 (Screenshot is from Chrome, but I'm seeing the exact same screen @ safari btw)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Chrome, but is still not workin : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, I'm gonna look into that later if I come up with any setting etc will let you know, maybe meanwhile some other ACP can come up with some solution/idea about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you AkinGn, I appreciate this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made another change to the link, please open it again and see if the color got changed again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm seeing the same blue. Maybe we should arrange a short Google meeting sometime as I said to see, you can share your screen and make a change and I update the link real time, then I can share a prototype link and make a change to see you can see that change on your screen, how does that sound

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we can set up a goggle meeting, when can you do this?
I'm feeling once you invite someone any updates made afterwards will not reflect in the browsers. The links seems to be stuck when the invitation was sent, and it's not updating with new changes being made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok let me update you with a message later today for a Google meeting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines