• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[PROTOTYPE]- No sound recording done though mic is allows in security (mac 10.15.4, Catalina)

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sound doesn't get recorded when I'm voicing into a recording of the prototype in XD. The mic is enabled in security for XD. Anybody having a clue where to find a solution?

-Kurt

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd request if you check and confirm a few things like:

1. Thanks for confirming that mic is enabled for Xd in preferences, just to be sure, you can also refer to this article for setting the permissions: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/enable-recording-catalina.html
  2. If that doesn't help, please try the steps shared on this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/prototype-voice-recording-does-not-work-on-mac-10-13-6/td-p/...

Let us know if this helps, or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

I've been though both articles and the community article indicates troubles with an add-on. I do not have any add-ons 🙂

So it seems like the usage of the mic set via the security doesn't have any impact on XD, so it might be something in XD blocking?!?

-Kurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kurt,

Thankyou for checking these article and getting back to us. I am curious to know if the mic is working with other applications fine? I would also suggest trying these steps mentioned in this article: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchla1b1e1fe/mac 

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Well as Rishabh pointed on, this is in fact one of the steps in Adobes own guide. The mic does work in Zoom, Skype, Teams and in QuickTime. So I still thinks the error might be releated to XD it self.  

-Kurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to add to that conclusion that this is a XD error is the guidelines posted on marts 11th 2020:

https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-voice-prototypes.html

See section on "Add a voice narration to a prototype" - it says: "When recording, watch out for the red icon that flashes on the interface." in my XD there is no flashing on the record indicator.

Uses XD (on mac10.15.4) version 28.5.12.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response Kurt. I tried it on both Windows and macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and was able to record the audio. Could you please try one more step, please try recording the screen with audio not specifically in XD but it could be in general while navigating on your computer. Please test if you are able to record audio with the screen recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you mean via QuickTime and the record the prototype via that or?!?

-Kurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kurt, we need to test whether the mic works while recording the screen. Please try recording the home screen of your computer with audio and check if the mic works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, did you find a solution around the recording issue? I'm have a simialr issue as Kurt above with Adobe XD. Recorded video does not play the sounds back. I've spent hours trying to read and get a work around this issue and found no solution. This is a huge blocker in my workflow right now. Have been using screenrecording using quick time to record these - which is pretty annoying. 

Please help and let me know if there is a fix to this issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines