• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Prototype]-Position in Hover-State in XD.

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using XD in version 24.2.22.8 for Mac OS.

Is it possible to position a component in the Hover-state?

When I move a component in the Hover-state, it is the same in the Default-state.

Regards

Kenji

TOPICS
Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Yes - you need to move the elements in your component in the hover state, not the component itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - you need to move the elements in your component in the hover state, not the component itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem. I'm unable to have separate positions for elements in hover-state

(No matter where I change it, hover or standard the other state changes as well)

Edit: Okay, so I figured out what the problem was. I edited the element and not the parts of the element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to hear you're able to resolve the issue. Please reach out to us in the future for any assistance with regards to XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! You're a life saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I want to move the component itself? For example, I would like to have a square to move upward a little bit when hovering over it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. If I heard you right, you are looking for this functionality here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38959297-allow-com... If so, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are inside of the component group and then make your changes! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Canvokey,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your suggestions, I am sure it will help other community members. We really appreciate your participation here.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you change the opacity on hover? I'm not having any luck with this, even when I select the elements within the component. I'd like my component to go from 40% to 100% when it's hovered over. No matter what, it seems to apply the opacity change to both states, even when I click into the component and select the specific pieces rather than the whole component. Any good way to make this happen? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did that and it automatically changes it both in the hover state and default state to the same opacity. I tried again and it worked, so maybe there's a glitch that makes it not work every time. Thanks for the help though! Got it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines