• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question: Freezing Groups/Components

Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Adobe XD freeze a grouping inside a scroll group? I noticed that the option only come up on header and footer goupongs. Am I missing something? If I put the grouping outside the scroll group then I would lose its component association. Please advise. Thank you.

TOPICS
Design , How to , Missing feature , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

There actually isn't a easy way to do this. 😞 

While you could move the Print button outside of the component that you have all the Check All buttons in, and apply the Fix Position. That would only solve the visual issue. By doing so, you lose the only easy method to communicate the states between those Check All buttons and that Print All button. 

The need for some simple communication between components becomes apparent.

My suggestion would be to ask yourself what did I need to demonstrate/pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the design, I suspect that you might need to construct the elements in a different fashion. Why are the fixed elements within the scroll group? If you can provide a screenshot of the design, we might be able to offer some suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thak you. As you see my scrollable area is the table witht e striping area only. I have a button that is disabled and is enables with a toggle button. Untimately I would like this toggle button to work while positioning the scollable area either not to include the disabled button or freeze the button when the stipping area is scrolled.

Syeds_0-1658503102604.pngSyeds_1-1658503143291.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There actually isn't a easy way to do this. 😞 

While you could move the Print button outside of the component that you have all the Check All buttons in, and apply the Fix Position. That would only solve the visual issue. By doing so, you lose the only easy method to communicate the states between those Check All buttons and that Print All button. 

The need for some simple communication between components becomes apparent.

My suggestion would be to ask yourself what did I need to demonstrate/prototype to my stakeholders? Do I need to demonstrate the linkage? or do I need to demonstrate that that the Print All button is fixed? You may need to have two samples that are shown to them to highlight this functionality. 

I am sure there is an open issue on the UserVoice site that you can up vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand it is complicated and I love challenges. But I took your advise and moved all the checl all buttons and the print button outside of the scroll area. I will experiement with a different layout as it is getting complicate to keep all the component interations on one layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines