Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Adobe XD cannot be opened because of a problem."

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not open Adobe XD—I am getting the following error message:

Adobe XD cannot be opened because of a problem.

Check with the developer to make sure Adobe XD works with this version of macOS. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and macOS.

Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times but nothing seems to be working. I am running on macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6

Does anyone have any other advice on how to fix this issue?

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Download install and licensing , Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Have you tried logging in with a different account on the machine?  Having used a Mac for many years myself, I have come across user profile corruption a few times where logging into a new user account solves all issues.  Unfortunately if that is the case you will need to migrate a lot of your settings to the new user profile, but at least your apps start working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to open Adobe XD on macOS. Would you mind doing a clean uninstall, reinstall using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html? 

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here was someone who was able to re-install the Creative Cloud app (not XD) and was able to resolve their issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-cannot-be-opened-because-of-a-problem/td-p/11181901...

If not I would recommend trying to run the app as another user on the computer and make sure you don't have a corrupt OS user profile.  That has been known to cause erratic behavior with apps on the Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, unfortunately, none of those worked—now when I go to reinstall XD, it goes through the install process but just stops. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried logging in with a different account on the machine?  Having used a Mac for many years myself, I have come across user profile corruption a few times where logging into a new user account solves all issues.  Unfortunately if that is the case you will need to migrate a lot of your settings to the new user profile, but at least your apps start working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

It's been a while we haven't heard back from you. Was your issue resolved? Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance from us.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I have tried installing older versions and they give the same error message "Adobe XD cannot be opened because of a problem."

I have also tried uninstalling all the apps and CC, then reinstalling CC and Xd is still not working and giving the same error message. I have tried logging out and logging in again and that did not work eaither.

I need urgent help and cannot find a way to contact Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spent almost 3 hours on text support with Adobe yesterday. Not only was XD not opening but I lost the ability to sync anything with CC and all the iCloud status icons have vanished from my finder windows. the show iCloud status option is greyed out in my finder window options. I had to give up in the end as I actually had to earn some money to pay for all my adobe subs.

Mac OS 10.15.7 iMac 

3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

I tried all the forum suggestions (and watched the Adobe support do the same when he took over my desktop to try and fix it.

- Basic restarts

- Uninstall then re-install

- Terminating processes

- Deleting libary files

- Checking all my adobe file names for odd characters

I'm left with having to manually upload files via the web-browser Adobe cloud interface, and use dropbox for syncing. The good thing is now AdobeCC Sync is turned off and is not auto starting my mac is running quicker!

I did manage to get XD to open!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines