• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Replace Image" using previous image as a mask/container for new image. Can't adjust crop?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a component consisting of a single line of text above a logo image(png). I want to use this component repeatedly, swapping out different logos and renaming the text.

My issue is, when I double click on the logo asset, and choose "Replace Image", select a new logo, if wider than the original logo in the Main Component, my new logo is cropped inside the width of the original logo and I can't adjust. There's no mask in the main component, it's literally only two assets, a line of text and a rectangular logo png.

This is fairly intuitive to accomplish in something like InDesign or even Sketch, but in XD the Replace Image seems locked to whatever size you're replacing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP HERE:

Best I can do is make a mask roughly the maximum size I'd want to accommodate any logo dimensions (300 x 80px, for example), import an image(logo) and scale it large enough to completely fill the mask regardless of the bad crop. Then when I could "Replace Image" I can scale the logo down, which now has a crop I can work with. Awkward and unintuitive, but works for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another XD ill-conceived functionality...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here still waiting for a solution for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines