• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Share for Review" link won't scroll below the fold

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe XD to test a prototype for an app, and it has been a really great way to observe the user's interactions. However, during a recent interview, the user was not able to scroll down below the fold. We tried having him zoom in/out, we tried to expand the view into full screen, we tried to have him refresh the link, and nothing seemed to fix the issue.

He was using a Dell laptop, and the same error occurred in both IE and Chrome. When we tested the link on our end, using a PC/Macbook, and testing on Firefox/Chrome/Safari/IE, we were unable to replicate the issue.

It was extremely frustrating and completely botched the user interview, as a lot of the interface we were trying to test was below the fold. I am now concerned that this issue may occur in some of our future user interviews.

Adobe, do you have an explanation for why this happened? If we are going to continue using Adobe XD as a testing tool for our paid user interviews, we need to know that we can rely on it and that this won't happen again.

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.18.08 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

I got this reply from the XD Support team:

Thanks for providing details, I'd be happy to help. I see scrolling does not work on your browser, chromium is not supported in Xd also Ubuntu is not supported , please check this: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/system-requirements.html#:~:text=To%20install%20and%20use%20Adobe,(v14393)%20or%20macOS%2010.11.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelsey.waara.ergodyne,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Would it be possible for you to share the prototype link? I would also like to know the view port properties along with the artboard size, so that we can share the try to recreate this and share our inputs.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for your quick response. Here is the link to the prototype: Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The artboards are 1024px wide with varying heights. Can you clarify how I could provide you the view port properties so I can give you that information as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go, these are the properties which we are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 3.32.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the negative X and Y coordinate positioning have anything to do with it?

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. I believe that just is saying where that artboard is on the document. And boy, I sure have a lot of them!

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 2.22.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can scroll your web prototype, but only using my mouse wheel hovering over the artboard area of preview:

I only get scrollbars when my browser is not maximized.

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue. I published a website prototype for client review on Monday, and the client was able to interact with the prototype as intended, including scrolling (I set the viewport height at 980px). Today, when using the same link, the client was not able to scroll the pages at all. The client tried different browsers and computers. However when I used the link it worked fine for me. We used screenshare to confirm the bug. I ended up generating a "NEW" link to the prototype and it worked. Why did this happen, and how can I prevent it in the future?

Thanks,

Betsy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue and have had it in the past as well. Was this ever resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Any resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue today. Any one been able to find a solution please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue after creating a link and sharing it with a client. I have set scrolling on the artboard to vertical, but there is no scroll bar in Chrome (Windows 10 OS). If I disable scrolling for the artboard (scrolling = none) then I can see the entire artboard. I can scroll using my touchpad, but it's not obvious and would be confusing to clients. Can you add a scroll bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles,

We are sorry for the trouble. If I heard you right, this is what you are looking for? https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34467730-scroll-ba....

If yes, we would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Let us know f that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am facing the same issue. I am using a Ubuntu OS and i am accessing an Adobe XD link on my Mozilla and Chromium Browser. My Designer sends me an XD link for the Review and everytime i have to ask him to send me a JPG file for the review because the Scrolling doesn,t work on my Browsers. I used to scroll down sometime in the past but its around 1 month, i am facing the issue. Can someone please let me know how to fix this issue ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this reply from the XD Support team:

Thanks for providing details, I'd be happy to help. I see scrolling does not work on your browser, chromium is not supported in Xd also Ubuntu is not supported , please check this: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/system-requirements.html#:~:text=To%20install%20and%20use%20Adobe,(v14....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe i have the same problem. I shared the link and some people can navigate it without problem but some others cant scroll and navigate. 

This people don´t use adobe, I just need them to navigate the link. 

How can I solve this? 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kelsey,

I know this reply is late but am providing what I hope is a solution as this is an ongoing problem for new users (like myself!).  After pasting a review link into the browser, I was surprised to see just a short section of my work and was unable to scroll down through the rest of the content.  Within Adobe XD itself, the preview play button (on top right) showed now such problem.  I discovered that if you click on the main text box surrounding your work, a blue bounding box will appear which will have a little tag on the left hand side.  Wherever that tab is placed vertically is where viewers will be able to scroll as far as.  To extend your scrolling to the end of your work, just drag the blue tag to the bottom of your artboard and voila!  That's what worked for me - hope it's a solution for others too, Anna S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines