• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Sticky" Alt key in Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't an issue with the keyboard, as I have tested different keyboards. Also this doesn't happen in any other programs that I've noticed.

Basically my issue is, seemingly randomly, XD will think that the alt key is being held down. For example if I try drawing an ellipse or rectangle, it will do so as if the alt key was being held (so expands in all directions)
Also sometimes I will click+drag an item, and it will make a copy of that item, as if the alt key was being held.

I first assumed this was my fault, caused by alt-tabbing between windows, and maybe doing the action too soon, but it actually happens randomly when I've been in the program window for a while. 

I don't have to press anything to fix the issue - I just ctrl+z and do the action again and it works fine - until the next time it happens...

I don't know how else I can troubleshoot this, so I'm posting it here in case it could be a bug or known issue.

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. This is quite strange, as it's very difficult for me to reproduce the issue at my end. Is it possible for you to create a short video whenever it happens next? I would also suggest try using an eternal keyboard and see if it's working fine might be the key itself stay pressed or has some issues. Which operating system you are working on?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing here, when I Alt + Tab and come back to Adobe XD my "Alt" key stay pressed until I press "ESC" or "Ctrl + Z"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines