• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Tap" Trigger makes swiping impossible? This can't be intended, right?

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,
I hope I am doing something wrong but I'm afraid this is as intended and would love to hear your opinion.

Situation:
Adobe XD V: 40.1.22.3, CCS: 3.11.0.12, Windows 10
Horizontal scroll container, elemenets within it have a tap trigger to a new artboard.

Problem:
When the prototype is running, releasing my tap / click will trigger the tap trigger. This results in use errors while swiping - like everytime.

Discussion:
Normally having a tap trigger fire on release instead of "tap motion" (or even worst: on touch) is a pretty good practice. But this normally has to be coupled with a time-buffer. This way you get the biggest freedom of use and those "finger down on a button - uuuuh wait - sliding off button - avoiding the user error"-moments. But how it is at the moment it is the exact opposite: swiping - ariving over button - letting go of the slide motion - triggering tap trigger "on release" = use error. I mean starting a touch outside of the button and releasing it on a tap trigger really doesn't sound like intended or am I simply doing something wrong here?

Any help, advice or discussion is greatly appreciated 🙂
Have a great day!
Best,
Chris

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, would you be able to send us the prototype link?

Maybe just the "naked" elements if it's confidential? It would be useful to see what the exact situation is.

Also, a screenshot from Xd on the prototype tab with the artboards selected, so we can see the links would be nice as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spas K.,
thank you so much for your reply.

Here is a "naked" prototype (includes instructions on how to reproduce).
https://xd.adobe.com/view/2c784127-d757-4242-93cc-1817c8651b4b-792b/

In Short: Try using the horizontal swipe gallery without use errors 😄

And a screenshot with the links and the trigger "tap" selected.
Screenshot 2021-05-28 103837.jpg

Any opinion on this behavior? I'm pretty sure I used horizontall scroll containers in the past like this wihtou this issue. Is this maybe a bug indeed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I see what you mean. Definitely seems like a bug. A click/tap should never register on release, if you have moved the cursor between pressing and releasing the mouse button. It seems to be happening on the whole prototype. Whenever you click and drag anywhere on the page, a click is registered upon releasing the mouse button. 

It only happens when you open the prototype in a desktop browser and try to "swipe" with the mouse cursor (click & drag). It doesn't happen when I open the prototype on my phone and do the same thing. There was a similar issue, although different, when the scroll areas were first released.

@HARSHIKA_VERMA can you confirm whether this is a known issue, or maybe it should be filed as a bug?

To reproduce - on a prototype, press and hold the mouse button anywhere on the page, drag the cursor over an active element (like a button), and then release the mouse button. This shouldn't register as a click, but it does. This happens in the browser, or the prototype view screen in Xd. Only on desktop. On mobile it works as intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Spas/Chris,

Thanks for flagging this out. I tested this on my end and I am able to reproduce this so I'll log a feedback ticket and will update this discussion as soon as I hear from the team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines