Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace components with other companents

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Is there anyway to replace a component with another component? I don't mean editing it or making a instance and modify it. I mean replace for another already created companent (just like in Sketch).

Is it possible? If not, ot should be definately something to consider improving.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Hello,

You can swap the component present on canvas with component present on Asset panel , just drag component from asset panel and drop on selected component.

If you want to replace main component ,then drop another component from Asset panel on that main component, then all instances of main will get replace too.

Please let us know if it is not clear to you.

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You can swap the component present on canvas with component present on Asset panel , just drag component from asset panel and drop on selected component.

If you want to replace main component ,then drop another component from Asset panel on that main component, then all instances of main will get replace too.

Please let us know if it is not clear to you.

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it worked! Thanks so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi How do I maintain the overrides when I swap components? As when I drop the replacement component, it reverts to the replacement component main state and I lose my text over-rides so I have to re-do them. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines