• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix error compoent has required components that conflicts with components in file?

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

When updating my design library/design system in XD, I often get this error in XD the first time I press the "Update" button:

f_monfort_0-1605755234296.png

When I press "update" the second time, the library updates successfully and this error doesn't appear anymore. Every update I have to do, I face this issue again.

May I ask what this error means and how to fix it?

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

I found a solution to my similar problem:

1. Delete component with red "missing-component" indicator:
    chamael3on_0-1664195049209.png

2. Then click "update all"
  3. Now you just have to replace deleted component with working one.

I just had to delete one specific component, I edited recently. 

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the delay in response. Could you please confirm if you are still getting this error on the latest version of XD which is XD 35.1? If yes, please share a few more details like:

1. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  2. Do you get this error every time after updating XD?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So im on verison 37.0.32.10 and this is still an issue?

It happens when using a design system UI components file with lots of pages...  i have a timeline built on one page, i want to add to might propotype file - i try adding i get this issue reponse and of course my timeline states arent up-to-date.

lots file telling me but i cant make them all out... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening for me too; I can't figure out how to fix it. I've deconstructed the elements and they all appear fine and connected and such.

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 3.21.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do we have solution for this.. I have same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_0-1623942412302.png

I have this issue too. It prevents me from using my components elsewhere other than the file they are defined in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suffering from this problem too. The error message suggests to to update the libraries with the conflicting components to the same version, but how can you do it?

I have created one component library file that contains tens of components (masters), shared the library, and used the components in several project files. I update the library with the new components frequently and sometimes also fix the existing components — so it is not a "frozen" document. Depending on a component, the project files can contain from tens to hundrends of instances of a component.

@Rishabh_Tiwari

• The problem occurs with multiple files — not just with a specific one.
  • I cannot say if the problem appears after each update of XD — It can be so too. I updated to the version 42.1.22.4 last week but noticed the problem with a couple of XD files today.
  • The problem occurs mostly with project files I have not opened for a while (e.g. a month) but the library has been updated meanwhile.
  • When the problem occurs, any attempt to update the component (by clicking the blue icon) in Document assets leads XD application to crash — or at least the colorful spinwheel appears to the screen (for minutes or even hours) and XD turns to be unresponsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this error message:

"Component [name] has required components that conflict with components in your document. Please update the libraries with these components to the same version: [library,...]"

This generally happens when trying to Import or Update a Component has a nested Component, and the nested Component has a pending Update. Start by trying Update All to update required Components that are Local to your Document.

If error persists, open each external Library (listed at end). Opening each external Library ensures that they are converted to same version of XD you are running. Also Update All to apply any pending Updates to these docs.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem persists for me. I've spent hours troubleshooting this. Also consider leaving the warning alert up until we dismiss it, so I don't have to take a quick screenshot just to read the whole thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 2230303765F97,

We are sorry for the trouble. If you've tried all the troubleshooting steps. Please also try the steps suggested by Randy in the correct answer of this post. If it doesn't help, please connect with us directly using our contact us page and initiate a chat with the team so that they can remote into your system and help you.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still doesn't work, and unfortunately I can't use your contact us page chat because I'm not an admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on an enterprise team license then we would request you to please create a case, or initiate a chat from the Admin Console's support tab if you're a System or Support administrator using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.cc.html 
If not, then contact your admin and ask them to create a case or start chat through the admin console.

Let me know if you're admin is unable to connect to the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again.

I'm trying to track down whoever the admin is, but I'm guessing it could be weeks before this is sorted out and I'm blocked. Can you recommend any workarounds? What's extra frustrating is I can't even delete the problem component and bring it in fresh. These are my options, and neither update not "highlight on canvas" actually work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing the same issue - I've created a new file and copied/pasted all artboards. Then I had to go through each component to ensure it is linked and delete/replace all unlinked ones. It's time consuming but at least you can continue your work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randys' answer isn't correct at all. It doesn't solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your proposed solution doesn't work. Have lost 2 days troubleshooting and nothing. Your support team can't find a solution and there's nothing you can do. Even using older version of the library file doesn't solve the issue. As soon as you make any updates it reappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem and the proposed solution does not work. I have 3 days until I need to deliver, and this is a major block. Please don't totally mess up Figma too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed all nested components, and it still not working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One workaround that worked for me: I eventually traced through all the nested components until I was able to figure out there was a single component that was somehow causing all the others that contained that component to fail. I went to my source file, changed the color arbitrarily, updated the library, then hit "Update all" in the file with the unresolved errors. That fixed all the warning messages. Then I went back to my source file and changed the color back to the original and everything is working again.

I'm happy I found a workaround for my specific case, but Adobe, please do better. XD is six years old and shouldn't be this buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still face the same issue too, followed all the steps (Update All, Opened each library file) but no luck. This happened to me twice this week and it means a lot of additional hours and work to do what the library should be doing automatically. I understand if there is no fix yet, but how do I at least avoid it from happening again???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing the same issue. I updated the libraries but the issue persists. Please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on my end... 2 years later. Why this hasn't been automated yet?

If I press Update all - then all should be updated, including nested components. I have hundreds, is crazy to go one by one and check for updates. Please come with a fix soon on this. 

We, the users, don't really care about this detail (if some do - prompt to chose all or nested only, or whatever othe option). All we want is to get components updated with changes on masters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @StefanB.83,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please confirm if you've checked Randy's comment on this post? If so, I suggest you submit the feedback on the XD UserVoice page and share the URL with us for tracking purposes.

Hope it helps. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, same issue here. And for some reason the explanation is never clear, how can I open those libraries? where? These libraries are not mine but shared

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue for me - 6 months ago had the same and i spent fuking extra week to rebuild every component. I cant understand why its happening. I dont want to spend one more extra week to re-build all my layots again. 
Its absolutely not clear what should i do ? 
I use component and this component has another component and i dont think its a crime -> i have 3-5 levels that why component exist - to create simple one and use it in another more complex. 

HOW SHOULD I FIX THIS PROBLEM ? when i open my source with all these components (i have hundreds of components) how should i update them first ? Why i really should bother about that ? if i change a component i think Adobe XD should bother in what order update it - or i am wrong ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines