Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resolution issues while working with a developer

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I am working on a landing page design. The artboard size I am working with is '1920x1080' in 'Adobe xD' on a mac. On viewing it at 100% the design does not fit into my screen.
Also a major problem I am facing is with developer, he is saying if he is using the font sizes I shared with him the design odd as the font sizes in my version and his while viewing on the browser don't match.

What to do ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nik,

Thanks for reaching out. I found a few similar discussions which you can refer to: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/understanding-xd-artboard-sizes/m-p/8628157?page=1#M348

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/when-developers-implement-the-designs-i-make-in-adobe-xd-the...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends what units the developer is using for the font sizes.

The font size in Xd is in pixels. If instead of px he is using pt, that's way different. 16px font size amounts to 12pt. So if he is looking at the number 16, and making the font size 16pt, that is about 21 pixels, thus making it bigger than your design.

P.S. If you can share the prototype or the file, vs what the coded website looks like, that would be helpful in identifying the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines