• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Save as Local Document' not working

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently opened an old XD document (I don't use the software that often) and I need to save it locally. However when I select 'Save as Local Document' nothing happens. I've checked my recent files on my Mac and there's nothing there? I really can't save the file to the cloud and I find it ridiculous that you can't easily save locally. Anyone have any idea what's going on here? I'm tempted to uninstall XD and look into alternatives at this point.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marv1e,

can you tell us which version of Adobe XD you are using? Does this problem also occur on other files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gianvitulano, 

I'm using XD version 41.1.12, and I'm running Catalina 10.15.7. I've opened a couple of other files and neither of these will save as locally. It's worth mentioning that the file was local to begin with, but now I need to save it out as a new version, for a new project.

Thanks,

Em

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you confirm if it allows you to change the location of save? If yes, please try saving the file locally to a different location and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what happened here? Cripes this support community is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scotts,

need help on Adobe XD or on the forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem on XD version 54.0.12 running on Catalina 10.15.7. I have two very small files that will not save locally. I get the rainbow spinny wheel forever when I try to "Save As Local Document" or "Export". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Is there any solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines