• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen appearing differently in XD (the software) and in the XD iOS app preview

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen that I have created appears differently on XD (the software to create the screen) and on its preview in the XD iOS app.

Specifically, a line gets truncated in the app, as compared to the same text line on the screen designed in the XD software (using a Windows 10 desktop).

My phone is an iPhone 6S Plus, and the screen size I have chosen to design the screen in XD is the same.

It appears like a bug, prima facie. I will be grateful for any inputs on what might be going on. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is difference of color profiles for MAC and Windows and others mobile devices. The solution will be to use the same color profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ares. This was text that was having an issue, and not colour,
however...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If the issue is with the text, I'd recommend installing the used fonts on the phone as in some cases where fonts are not transferred, they are replaced by the system fonts. So please try installing the fonts and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Rishabh, and apologies for the delay. My phone (the XD app on it, I mean) is not showing any fonts as missing. How do I know if that is the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again, Ares. I am not an expert at XD, however - can create screens to save my life, more or less. How do I change the color profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the record, I did check this, Ares. It seems to say that it is not possible to change color profiles:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17480899-color-man...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember having this problem as well. I don't remember very well, but it had something to do with whether the text layer is a "Point Text" or "Area Text". Not sure how long your text is, but try changing between them and see if that fixes it. 

Annotation 2020-08-23 192109.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, Spas. I tried it, but I'm afraid that did not do it, either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send screenshots from both the Xd file (how it should appear), and then take a screenshot from the phone as well, so we can see the issue? If you can upload the problematic file / artboard, that would help as well in identifying the problem. 

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the XD fileFrom the XD fileFrom the iOS XD appFrom the iOS XD app

Thank you for offering to help again, Spas. I should have posted the screens earlier itself. Those are the screens...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to figure out how to upload the .xd file, however. There appears to be no option here for uploading an XD file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you can upload it here, I normally use Dropbox or Google Drive, so that works as well.

I can see there is some missing fonts warning in your Xd screenshot. Are you also getting a warning about missing fonts when you open it up on the iOS app? If a font is missing it will try to find a close substitute, and that might look bigger / different than the file. Some fonts just don't play well with Xd on the mobile app, but should look fine in a mobile web prototype.

For multi-line texts, you should use the Area Text option. Even if it's not the cause for this issue, I remember it caused some problems for me in the past.

Anyways, try to upload the file somewhere if you can so I can test it on my own device and see if we can find a solution 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the delay, Spas, and thank you very much for the elaborate response.

I have uploaded the file here:

https://bit.ly/2QFUoeU

I am getting a different text layout on the iOS app with both area text and point text (though different kinds of layout errors each time). And no, I am not getting any font missing notifications on the iOS app...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, not sure I can be helpful on this one. I can see it's only happening on the elements using the SF Pro font. I assume that on MacOS and on iOS the SF font is being rendered differently, for some reason. Don't know if you can do anything about it other than trying a different font that is similar.

I'm having font issues on my own on the Android app, which at this point are not fixable, and I've just been generating a prototype and viewing that through my phone's browser 🙂 So I feel your pain, but can't really help you out. The only thing that will work 100% is to convert the problematic text to paths. This way they will render 1:1, but it's not practical for many screens really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response and for generously spending your precious time on responding all through, Spas. I am quite grateful. I guess for now I'll have to learn to live with this, and try workarounds (or maybe experiment with other applications).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. It looks like you're experiencing the similar issue mentioned here:  Solved: Roboto font from Google has different heights on M... - Adobe Support Community - 11734620  

If yes, then after a long investigation on this issue and trying all the aspects to fix it. The team identified that the font engines on the 2 platforms return different values for this font, which won't be fixed until we use the same engine on both platforms. There is something related to this going on in the backend, but until then, there is nothing that team can do to fix it.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika, thank you for the response. The Adobe team should realize that XD is a paid product, and issues should be fixed in a reasonable time frame. 1.5 years is not a reasonable time frame. More importantly, it is 1.5 years SO FAR. The issue is not resolved yet, and there is no guideline from you on when it might get resolved. You first posted this same response - that "it won't be fixed until we use the same engine on both platforms" - in Feb 2021. It is disappointing that Adobe hasn't found good enough people within its staff to fix this for 1.5 years now, and has no clue what might happen in future. Again - for a PAID product.

Responses from Adobe too on this issue are very delayed, and totally unhelpful.

As many people have pointed out, full-fledged projects have been executed using these fonts, since it was too late to abandon them by the time the issues were discovered, and since there was expectation that Adobe would fix them once they were highlighted. So good money kept chasing bad money due to the exit barriers. At the bottom of all of it is the fundamental assumption that the product is from Adobe, and so the problems will be fixed very quickly. That assumption has been belied for very very long now.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate your feedback and fully understand your concern. I will make sure to highlight the concern to the team.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines