Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Send Adobe font to the developer

Participant ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I am creating a website with XD and I'm using an Adobe font for the headings. First time I do that, I usually go to Google fonts. How can I send the Adobe font to the developer? He will need to upload it on the client's server of course to load the styles.

Thanks,

Chris

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

I forget to say that the link that is made will load the fonts from Adobe Fonts directly, so there's no need to transfer files. Keep in mind that the Adobe membership account (where you make the web project) must remain active (paid) and the web project must be kept (don't delete it) for the fonts to continue being served to that website.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is info about Adobe Fonts location

Navigate to the folder that contains the fonts you want to install (if the fonts were wrapped in an installer, this may be in C:\temp\Adobe unless you told the installer to put them elsewhere). The fonts located in that folder will appear below the folder's name. Select the fonts you want to install.

Where are my Adobe fonts stored?
Specifying the location of Adobe fonts
Directory type Directory
Font directory /QIBM/ProdData/Content Manager OnDemand/Adobe/Fonts
CMap file directory /QIBM/ProdData/Content Manager OnDemand/Adobe/Resource/CMap
CIDFont file directory /QIBM/ProdData/Content Manager OnDemand/Adobe/Resource/CIDFont

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kindly 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please keep in mind that just because you can find fonts locally on your computer does not mean you have the legal license to use them as you please. Adobe fonts cannot be installed manually on a website, they must be set up using a web project so the fonts come directly from Adobe.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot send font files from the Adobe font service (at least not legally). To use Adobe Fonts on a website, a web project must be made (and kept) in someone's Adobe Creative Cloud membership account. Fonts are added to that web project. That web project has a link that must be added to the website's code.

Here's a page on Adobe Fonts with more info on it https://fonts.adobe.com/typekit 

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forget to say that the link that is made will load the fonts from Adobe Fonts directly, so there's no need to transfer files. Keep in mind that the Adobe membership account (where you make the web project) must remain active (paid) and the web project must be kept (don't delete it) for the fonts to continue being served to that website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Thank you kindly for the answer. I'll just stick to Google Fonts, way too much hassle for a font 🙂
Kind regards,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main extra "hassle" is the Adobe account. Otherwise it's a very similar process as Google Fonts for a developer. Google Fonts does not have many of the fonts available on Adobe Fonts. So don't let a little extra work prevent you from using the right font if it's only on Adobe Fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! A little late to the party. It's not the hassle but the nonsensical usability. I work as a Product Designer building various apps with different dev teams and different clients. Having a client or a software developer pay for a subscription to use a font family is just not practical or worth it. Otherwise having all clients and teams rely on my CC subscription is, again, not practical. So it seem to me that this whole service might need a different approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @alexandruorson ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I understand your concern so let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the Engineering team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question for you Dan.

If a third party developer is designing a site for me, do they need an Adobe membership to use the fonts? Or can I simply just provide the webfont code I recieved from my end (My Adobe membership)?

The web developer isnt part of the company that I work for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@325285067i88 In Adobe Fonts you can add the appropriate fonts (the ones you'll use on the website) to a Web Project and provide the code to your web developer for them to add to your site. Only include the fonts you want to use and the weights/style that will be used.

Never delete that web project from your account though. The fonts will be pulled from that and you need to maintain that Adobe membership as long as you want the website to use those fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do I add fonts to a web project? Is there a link that outlines that process?  I designed a website using Figma and the creative cloud and need to get the fonts to our developer who is at an outside company. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines